Moderation

Ban gimmick accounts

Why?

Improper use mostly

1 Like

Irish, not British, but here’s James Joyce:

8 December 1909: 44 Fontenoy Street, Dublin

My sweet little whorish Nora,

I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

6 Likes

An Irish friend assures me Joyce and Nora first met late one night at a time when respectable women didn’t walk alone in the street that late.

I disagree with the sentiment in the title of the current Cactus thread: " Temporary title - Usernames should essentially never be put in a thread title by someone other than the user and used in a way to ridicule or denigrate them."

1 Like

Feel like that’s the thread for that sentiment, not this one.

I’m not sure who put that title there. It could have been a mod, for all I know. And there are other threads with usernames not put there by the user. I would not want this to become site-wide policy.

I changed the thread title.

Looks great having that thing at the top of the page, and guaranteed not to draw even more attention to another stupid slapfest. Really makes me proud to be a member of this community.

1 Like

It’s annoying if people start using their ability to change thread titles as a proxy war for regular forum battles, but I don’t want to ban those battles.

1 Like

I agree with this.

He sounds like a rather thorny individual.

2 Likes

I don’t think respect for me as an individual should be a consideration, but rather respect for the vast majority of community members who also want nothing to do with that stuff. I think people should choose to have these “discussions” in a less prominent part of the forum for the same reason that I would hope they choose not to have loud, heated arguments with their significant other on a busy public street corner.

I get that people often have issues with one another, and some may need to puff and vent a bit, and that in the moment it may seem to them to be a Very Very Important Issue to them. But if you take a step back and look at the community as a whole it’s pretty clear that almost nobody else cares. Including the moderators. And they’re probably right to not care because none of these spats ever accomplish anything.

No really, they don’t. I can think of pretty much zero examples from the Olde Countrye or our brief existence as a splinter faction where these drama bombs have affected any meaningful change, or even insignificant change. Either what needs to happen is obvious and happens right away, or absolutely nothing happens at all except for a few people getting very upset. It’s guaranteed damage to the community with virtually no chance of any upside.

So, given all that, I do strongly believe that pointless slap fights should be moved to French BBV (or some other deescalation strategy) before they metastasize across the forum and do even more damage. When a topic keeps being pushed to the top of the page more people are going to click to see what all the fuss is about, and then of course they all have to weigh in as well, pushing the dumb drama back to the top yet again in a spiral of forum AIDS that takes days to flame out. Nothing good or productive ever, ever comes from this cycle.

PS: That was more of an open letter to the world than a direct reply to Oreo

6 Likes

I agree that the Cactus thread should be moved to French BBV.

You refer to this once in a while and I’ve never really got it, but I think it’s because I sort by Category. I guess you sort by Latest?

How do most people view the forum?

I sort the forum by…
  • Latest
  • Categories
  • Bookmarks (lol)
  • Unread (wat)

0 voters

I agree that calling someone out in a thread title is bad form. idk if I’d want a hard forum rule on that, but at least move it to BBV.

I also sort by category because it suits my desire for organization and compartmentalization, and that’s the view of the forum I put the most effort into even though it gave ggoreo fits. But the default - which is recommended by the software developers and seems preferred by most - is Latest.

1 Like

i do unread and mute the ones i dont care about, so i just see what i have unread in the threads i track.

Wat?

(Glad to see zz agrees with me here.)