Moderation

Agreed.

The only potential downside is flagging the posts hides them behind that silly

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

warning and can be abused to try to hide every post a user makes but flagging posts at least brings them to mod attention better than posting in random threads.

For the record, the posters who voted yes but haven’t been advocating for containment are not acting like Karens. Also, I’m on team stop acting like an immature high school brat and scroll on by or use the ignore function.

1 Like

Very on-brand again.

Busy thread

1 Like

So tempted to flag this for the lolz.

1 Like

This will be my last reply to this fucking nonsense:

I’m sorry I called you a Karen. Post will be deleted.

@BestOf

5 Likes

He apologized for one attack on one person that was 1.5 years ago.

Today is the day nunnehi finally become presidential! Let’s see if it lasts.

In fact, “That was not condescension, you’ll know when I’m being condescending,” is in and of itself being condescending.

Supposedly like 100? But some may be dummy accounts. I think there are also lurkers without accounts, though.

He’s just making up my position. I want him contained to the COVID thread and a containment thread, not silenced and banned. Like he claims he hasn’t read a single post I’ve made in this thread, and makes up my position on him anyway.

This is neither here nor there in the context of this thread, but obviously FAR more important in real life, but this drives me crazy too. Like I told a friend, I know what I think should be done, but it’s 100% a suicide mission and I can’t do it. Short of that, there’s nothing I can do that’s going to change what’s happening before 1/20/21. So like what can I do? What should I do? Thinking about it hurts on so many levels because it’s so fucking horrible and wrong. It’s brutal.

I don’t think any of us are butt hurt by his personal attacks, but maybe I shouldn’t assume for others. I’m butt hurt about the fact that they don’t matter to everyone else enough to take action on them or on his behavior in general, but our responses do matter enough to tell us to leave him alone and give him his safe space.

It’s actually proper to fold it, even on the button, unless there are massive antes and/or significant ICM factors at play, and/or massive nits in the blinds. Here’s the start of my poker pro AMA @ripdog.

I’m also glad now that I lost that one, even though I still believe I was right at the time. As I think I mentioned then, there would come a time when that rhetoric was in bounds IMO and fair, and we’ve reached such a time. Some of it still makes me uncomfortable, having it here makes me uncomfortable, but I think it’s in bounds to discuss.

I also think the watchlist stuff is a fair consideration and I think most people didn’t take it as seriously as they should. Most of us are probably on some lists now, although in fairness that probably has more to do with the length of the lists than NBZ’s posting. I’m guessing there are over 30M people on lists just off Twitter/FB alone.

Wait, what? This could be one of two people I think, but how about some beers buddies? Meet you in Vegas next year if the world is still spinning and pandemic free? :)

Numerous receipts have been brought by numerous posters in numerous threads, he ignores it and keeps on gaslighting.

I thought you weren’t reading my posts?

This is because we’re big boys who don’t go around flagging posts because people insulted us.

This is a far better metric. Most regs ignore people instead of flagging posts, I would guess.

And here we go. I don’t think I’m misrepresenting anything nunnehi has said or done in a general context. It’s possible I’ve been slightly off on some specific aspect of his position about Mueller or impeachment or courts or whatever, but the big picture is that he’s been frequently wrong, virtually never admits it, gaslights about his record, is condescending quite often, and makes a lot of horrible posts then cannot handle any real pushback on any of that.

Most of us don’t flag anything that’s not egregious. Like it’s basically gotta be on the level of racism, sexism, or telling someone to kill themselves for me to flag something. I was a tattle tale in elementary school, got bullied, and was told to tattle some more by parents and teachers. I learned my lesson on that, and fend for myself with this stuff.

My goals are to:

1. Make you own your record and the context in which it puts your predictions/takes, and to be accountable to facts and history.
  2. If not #1, to make sure anyone reading knows the context and history. In your mind, showing others your history and putting your takes into that context is poisoning you in the minds of other posters.
  3. If not #1 and/or not #2, getting you contained to the COVID thread and a containment thread.

None of that is silencing you/banning you. If the vote came up, I’d take a ban over no action, but a ban is far from my first choice. You improving >>>>>> you being contained >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a ban >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the status quo.

:heart: Just wanted to like this portion of the post lol… Like zara and I don’t really get along well when we engage, I don’t think she’s a very good poster and I know she doesn’t think I’m a very good poster. But that’s okay, I don’t think she’s a bad person or unintelligent or anything, I think we see things very differently and we mostly don’t engage each other and that’s fine. I mostly scroll past her posts, unless they are about some of the different life experiences/cultures she has experienced that I have not, which can be interesting to me. Otherwise, I tend to roll my eyes and scroll. But I think she’s an interesting and intelligent person never the less, and I wish her well regardless.

What in the actual fuck is this?

No, it is. We are basically not allowed to respond to his bad posts because he can’t handle it. That is a standard that doesn’t apply to anyone else on this site. Nobody told him he has to ignore me, he does it because he can’t handle being challenged. Same for others who have challenged him.

Is there a way for me to see which of my posts are being flagged? I don’t get any notifications of this.

I would bet a lot of money that my posts being flagged are not as bad as plenty of stuff that is let slide around here by others, although perhaps I’m just not noticing when their posts are flagged either.

Also, does anyone not read them anyway? I mean my first thought is usually, “Ooooh, what was said here? Nothing ever gets flagged around here, must be pretty bad!”

On the topic of how to handle this stuff, I don’t think a hidden profile should make it impossible to click on somebody’s name and get their list of posts. Like, it’s exceptionally harder to get receipts on nunn than 99% of people here. If you don’t bookmark them or save them up front, going back to find them is a major pain in the ass.

I’m not really sure what the point of hiding a profile is, it’s not like there’s any personal information in the profiles here. Just stats about their use of the site, their posts, their recent activity, etc.

2 Likes

Am I the only one laughing at going back 1 year + for receipts on nunn (and simplicitus)? Go golfing or something ffs.

8 Likes

It’s because in both cases they’ve ignored their track record to be condescending toward people who were more or less right about everything while they were more or less wrong about everything. Thus we feel inclined to throw some receipts at them.

1 Like

fyp

5 Likes

Nun asked for receipts? I was bored? Most of the receipts posted were from the last month. Were those funny to you as well? What about the ones he posted in the thread the last two days?

I’ve said it before but either we are going to tolerate repetitively abusive posting here or we aren’t. It seems like the consensus is that we are. Somehow posting the proof in a thread devoted to nunn’s abusive posting while he is steadfastly denying it and challenging anyone to post it is the problem I guess.

It took like 10 minutes to find the exiled posts anyways. All I had to do was search for “non-entity person” which was an utterly ridiculous insult he liked to throw around. From there you could find multiple posts per page that were insanely abusive. Roughly 1/3 of all the posts were his so you could pick just about any page and he would be abusing someone. Kind of like what he does here on steroids.

1 Like

“Were those funny to me as well?”

Kind of?

Simplicitus was condescending and wrong omg what ever will I do? Hold a grudge for a year and post “receipts” with all caps when he’s wrong! That will show him!

Who posted simplicitus receipts?

Cuse has been doing the same thing wrt simplicitus the last month or more. Followed by some LOL LAWBROS FOREVER! response.

1 Like

I’m saying keep giving him chances until the choice to take action is more obvious and more supported than it is in now.

3 Likes

I mean when someone repeatedly lies about reality and challenges the forum to dig them up why not? Did it matter? No. Most people decided the behavior was fine to them. But it isn’t like it is hard to find abusive nun receipts. It took a few minutes.

1 Like

Lol. I didn’t realize profiles can be hidden?

2 Likes