Moderation

We don’t need any more mods.

4 Likes

This isn’t true. I’ve been an assholes lots of times. I just don’t think this was one of them. :grin:

At worst I am guilty of a very minor jab at watevs and victor but “paging” then to look at a completely relevant post to our long standing debate.

I think we could use janitors to split derails out of threads.

1 Like

lol “debate”

Thanks but fair and level headed is not my thing.

In the VP thread, it went like this:

Tabbaker posts a pick of her in a police uniform.

In response to tabbaker’s pic:

Some back and forth between jman220 and StimAbuser on Harris being an ex-prosecutor.

A bunch of posts go by.

6ix, or as clovis refers to him, “the other member of the purity party”, weighs in. Cue the “team purity” stuff as clovis finally has a sparring partner.

Having looked over the thread, it really does look as if clovis was itching for another fight with “team purity”, throwing out some posts that he knows are like catnip to them in order to get an easily foreseeable reaction out of them so that he can claim the moral high ground. Seriously, does anyone who pays attention to these posters not expect this was going to happen? If it weren’t so damn predictable, it would be a masterful troll job. Just because you color within the lines and avoid being outright abusive doesn’t mean you’re arguing in good faith.

5 Likes

Again I want to state my suggestion had nothing to do with Clovis as none of his posts constituted mod action imo.

This is a fundamental misrepresentation of basically this entire board. That people are reluctantly voting for Biden does not mean they aren’t deeply passionate about UHC or that they think incremental change is ideal - only that they perceive incremental positive change as better than an almost certainly apocalyptic alternative.

If you want more people on this board to agree with your position, then the onus is on you to articulate an actionable position and then to convince people that your position will actually facilitate change. That’s how discussion forums work! You can recruit people to your side if you make your side compelling! It’s awesome! You’re likely to have far more success via that method than by yelling at clouds and then requesting a moderator that validates your persecution fantasy.

2 Likes

There are already plenty of people on my side that’s why one of them should be a mod

This.

It fools people who intentionally aren’t paying attention.

But it’s very transparent to anyone who does.

1 Like

Hey now, I am always inadvertently not paying attention

3 Likes

First of all this is essentially impossible. How can my post be split into two halves, one which you agree with and the other which you don’t? Or do you mean something like you half-agree with the post?

Second, your third sentence is absolutely false. In fact, I have plenty of friendly discussion with Clovis.

This is your failing to interpret things correctly.

Clovis poked the bear and stirred up pointless drama, tabaker should never have any kind of mod authority. I think that basically covers it.

8 Likes

Take it to ATF.

5 Likes

What is your side? If it’s - as you say - pursuing UHC as quickly as possible, then essentially everyone is already on your side despite different ideas about how to pursue that. If it’s that we need a mod who practices an equal amount of derision toward anyone who dares utter the B word, then no; we don’t need that person as a mod.

I’m being a little abusive to you now, but…not really, or I hope not anyway, because I’m pretty confident that you have a thick skin about these things. So, bluntly, at least in discussions on the internet about politics between native English speakers goes, I’m 100% confident that I’m a lot better at interpreting this stuff than you are.

Agreed. His black and white view of the world deserves containment.

I have a terrible memory, but I am confident I never said anything remotely indicating I didn’t think tabs calling you a piece of shit was abusive. I’m also not at all blind to sabo being abusive to people. I never said he wasn’t.

Why are you posting on a message board when there are people suffering in Africa?