Moderation rules

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry that the only active thread so far on the site is about moderation. At the moment, I’m laughing.
My 2 cents. It’s a politics website. Politics is bound to occasionally seep out of the main forum and into other topics. Don’t see why that would be in any way controversial.

1 Like

Lotta health and fitness talk happening. You and I are talking running and I’m talking weight loss with jbro.

Weekends are slow anyway (which is weird - but I guess people post more at work). I’ll be offline most of the day, my brother is getting married.

You apologize for racists and monsters and call me a bigot? Go fuck yourself.

How about when someone would like to ask a question about credit cards. I know a super nice guy. I have zero clue for whom he voted or whom he supports, and he thought about asking this question there in OOT but was then intimidated by such bigots like jbro

A question about credit cards that isn’t spam in whatever our other topics forum will be would be fine I assume.

How is jbro a bigot?

How about me. I certainly disagree with kids in cages, denial of science an so on, but I find what goes on here is from the same category.

“The same category” as kids in cages? Examples please.

I like lapka and I think a lot of the issues are around communication and culture. I have been surprised by the levels of misunderstanding between even people from the UK and the US. Not that I have a perfect understanding of what Keeed and Jbro are like, but I’m sure it’s much much better than Lapka’s understanding.

But, niceness aside, it’s totally uncool to call Jbro a bigot. Jbro rules!

1 Like

Yes, unlike you I am intolerant of prejudiced, racist and bigoted people.

And also unlike you, I don’t believe that accurately describing people with words does not make me as bad as people locking kids up in cages.

lolz, no

Your bullshit apologizing for monsters deserves far less effort in my responses than I’ve already made.

Just a hypothetical here - I’m not sure what I think the answer is myself: Would the world be a better place if there was never again an enumerated list?

1 Like

No

I do like how new replies just pop up. Makes the discourse like live streaming when people are arguing.

1 Like

No? You have any reasons for that?

I thought it would be funny to see if just saying no gets you as worked up as lapka.

You were supposed to reply in the form of an enumerated list.

1. No
  2. lolz

Yeah but about that one time they made strawberry preservers for the rotary club auction?

I don’t think of most these people as bad. Most people do and think what they think is right based on whatever environment they are from. This is banality of evil stuff.

But, holding people responsible for the OBVIOUS consequences of their actions and political positions is pretty reasonable and by that measure, everyone who voted for Trump and lots of people who voted HRC want kids locked up in cages.

Well I’m off to a family function for my nieces engagement. Last time I was over there (pre election of Trump) I called a neighbor a racist and duked it out with my BIL. Should be fun.

Have fun. I’m leaving for my brother’s wedding in an hour. I expect there to be no pro-Trump sentiment expressed by anyone. The only possibility I can think of is my niece and I will not be duking it out with her.

I don’t think that someone should be put in detention just because they work for ICE, but working for ICE is very bad morally. It’s a big problem (banality of evil) that people are given a pass just because they are doing their job. Getting paid to do something doesn’t make you less responsible for your actions. It’s literally akin to kidnapping in my mind and the only reason I give the individuals a little slack is because the moral system of our society, where people are expected to be more guided by what is legal and normal than by their own conscience is so fucked up.

1 Like