Mobile Theme feedback

Here are two options for the layout of the Categories page on the mobile skins, shown in the Dark and Grey themes. The versions on the left are how it looks. The versions on the right are an alternative.

The left version lists the Category (ie forum) along with the last 10 topics (ie threads), and as you scroll down you can see the next Category. Clicking on a category or topic name takes you to that category or topic. The number of unread posts in each topic are highlighted.

The right version lists the Categories and their descriptions, along with the number of unread Topics in each Category. At the bottom there’s a navigation button that takes you where ever you want to go.

Please vote below:

• Left Version
  • Right Version
  • Bastard

0 voters

Too blue

I only lurk on mobile, not logged in, so I get something like the right version. Either one is entirely fine with me but I’ll just vote right because I’m used to it.

Everything with the software looks pretty good in mobile. The real issue with the site, which I think should be a higher priority than perfecting the mobile look, is that the desktop interface looks like it’s from 2000, without the widgets and such. Not sure what can be done, but on my 2560 x 1440 display everything is pretty small and the site doesn’t look very inviting.

Those are all good questions and I don’t have good answers. I do think that 2p2 and the Exiled forums looks more “substantial”, maybe because they is more organization and stuff going on on their landing pages. The interface when reading threads is fine on desktop, but the home/landing page just seems kind of barren.

i like the layout on the left better but the layout on the right allows me to access more information, which is better, but it’s more clicking. most of the time i just want to check the potus thread.

is there a way to bookmark the go to next unread post for a thread? it was easy on phpbb but it’s not evident here.

is there a way to make the potus thread extra big on the homepage? it’s the main event.

idk how you browse the internet but normal people with wide screens just keep their internet browser on part of the screen so they can use the other parts of the screen for webcam models and video games and stuff

1 Like

Yeah that one

Just tried it and it doesn’t take me to the newest unread post