MLS Thread! come all ye muppets joyful and triumphant for the playoffs!

2! and with class, baby

this is starting to feel like the western conference final.

1 Like

it is.

seattle are so good. crew are warriors tho

BALL

GAME

Super Colossal

MLS is back y’all.

That goal in the first Sounders game was EPL level

1 Like

Montreal Impact err Club de Foot Montreal fan here. Pleasantly surprised with the solid start to the season so far, but fear it might be a bit of fool’s gold and they’ll struggle to make the playoffs.

Can’t wait to see Austin once the stadiums are fully open. From what I hear, tix are already going for super high prices on secondary markets so it seems like the city has really embraced the team and it will be a great atmosphere. We need more teams like that and less like Dallas who aren’t even in the city proper and have no atmosphere during games.

1 Like

McConaughey is fired up for Austin FC!

1 Like

The league is decent, the product on the field steadily improving imo

Miami got a W and they had one brother pass to another brother for a goal so that’s kind of confusing.

Wish I could watch all their games.

1 Like

So only a couple games but the fun ATLUTD appears to be back.

1 Like

Yeah, mang Surprised de boer flopped, but good see atl playing well. Good fan base down there obvs

ATL spends so much that it takes a massive amount of bad luck for them not be at least top 4 in the conference. Pity and Barco were underwhelming, Josef injured, and de Boer being a flop was enough to do it, but it looks like they’re back rolling now.

Chicharito already with 5 goals in 2 matches. I bet on him to win the golden boot last year, and would have bet on him again this year b/c I’m sure the price would have been excellent, but forget to check futures before the season started. I’m gonna be sick if he wins it, but I think he probably will.

1 Like

several games today

@klingbard you’re an earthquakes fan, right?

That’s right, 3 wins in a row now! Rubin with the goal of the week but super-sub Wondo poaches a brace!

Is El Chofis actually good? He was always a super interesting prospect with Chivas, but liked tacos too much.

Lol I bet Real Salt Lake. Fuckin joke

i’m not convinced by chofis. another one of like 5 ex-almeyda players but aside from 1 nice goal he does not seem to be a gamechanger. Obviously the standout player from the opening month is Cowell who only got in the lineup when another ex-almeyda player Rios got an injury. Chofis also has a bit of a temper, he kicked out at a Houston player week 1 and has already earned 3 yellows.

Unlucky Rivaldo, I would have bet them too. We lucked out that 1) Anderson Julio was a late scratch and 2) RSL forgot to mark the old man twice.

2 Likes

San Jose done experimenting with watevs that weird unorthodox approach was that saw them concede a bunch of goals for a spell?

the man-marking system is Almeyda’s trademark and it’s still around. talented, well-prepared teams should be able to exploit our hard-working but limited back line.

1 Like