Miami High Rise Collapse

Especially in red states where they do everything to fight regulations.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1408853372921389056?s=19

Antifa did a thermite to get the infrastructure week to happen.

Just saw this, but not necessarily. Thereā€™s huge variance between states and local EMS systems too. Lots of people get declared dead in the field with a phone call, or head straight to the morgue, etc. NYC used to bring all sorts of dead people into the ER (which was super annoying, like wtf am I supposed to do with this person youā€™ve done CPR on for 90 minutes), but they stopped that during covid.

Hell, even when someone dies in the ER, I donā€™t usually fill out the death certificate.

Yeah.

In well run jurisdictions all over the world we will likely see new regulations around concrete/water damage/HOA obligations/reporting etc that will make things saferā€¦

Maybe in America too, given it impacts wealthy white people.

As a side note. This week we had someone come test the external cladding for our apartment. Its apparently flammable and of a similar type to the Grenfell fire.

1 Like

It depends on if the defect is obvious or latent. Itā€™s not my area of practice, so I could have some of the nuance wrong, but for latent defects, ie defects that arenā€™t readily apparent, then the SoL starts to run from the point at which you became aware or should have become aware of the defect. If the 2018 report was the fist time they found out about the pool issue, then thereā€™s a chance the SoL has not timed out yet.

1 Like

Death count up to 9. Seems like itā€™s going to keep going.

Is there still a fire?

Itā€™s been 3 days now right? In that Florida heat? Not good.

Would be insane, maybe the user of The Sims that we are in bought the zombie expansion pack.

And a fire burning below any potential survivors putting out noxious sulphur fumes.

Itā€™s got to be safe to assume by now authorities have a pretty good list of currently missing people who were believed to be in the building when it collapsed and that list will match up pretty well with the actual casualties.

Rescuers from Israel have come to the waterfront town to help local, state and federal agencies in their search efforts. Rescuers from Mexico are expected to arrive Monday.

Helping 3rd world country it seems. Honestly thats pathetic that the richest country on the planet needs to accept help from others. How many declarations of emergency were there to ensure every help is possible? Does this ā€œhelpā€ even exist?

It is standard in any mass casualty type of emergency for all different kinds of folks from all over the place mobilizing to help how they can.

That might be so but the area isnt that big so there is a limited amount of people who can work at the same time.

Israel being the best in the world at collapsed building rescueā€¦ seems to make sense?

Who says that? I dont get your arguments. The fkn US with over 300 mil people doesnt have the necessary capabilities/knowledge to do it themselves? As a Mexican or Israeli I would be proud as a US citizen I would be ashamed.

Iā€™m sure the Israeli and Mexican crews know what theyā€™re dong. But I think largely itā€™s just a show of support.

2 Likes

I heard when Mexico is sending their building collapse recovery teams they arenā€™t sending their bestā€¦

4 Likes

exactly this. there was a ton of Jewish people in that building, it makes sense why israel would want to feel like they are doing something to help out. this happens in literally every single catastrophe/natural disaster in every country, its really not that deep as Habs is making it out to be.

I think you are stuck on the thought that ā€œThe fkn US with over 300 mil people doesnā€™t have the necessary capabilities/knowledge to do it themselvesā€. Folks are pointing out that when one of these situations happens, people from across the world automatically send their help/support. Viewing this as anything but an uplifting thing is weird imo.