META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

People said the same back in '48 when ABC started.

4 Likes

No dimby, it ended with your friends all leaving for Slow Horsemen. Don’t really know why you’re still here but that’s your choice.

1 Like

Rather than years of focussed bullying along partisan lines that we saw it seems like it’s better to have a civil war until the bullies realise they can’t win without the support of the silent majority and decide it’s better to run off somewhere else.

1 Like

The only people who ever argue this are those who’ve never been banned, and the only way to never get banned on UP is to agree with the Horsemen about Ukraine and covid and any other contentious issues, all the time, or they’ll gang up on you, ridicule you, troll the fuck out of you until you snap and get banned.

Guaranteed: you’ll never understand this.

Also please don’t come back at me with “So what you got banned, suck it up crybaby” because that isn’t how people work in social settings (which is what this forum is). Go tell that to cuse, Riverman and Trolly who all preached the same but self-combusted when banned for a single day.

2 Likes

For those who have not followed, this is turnabout of an attack used repeatedly by goofy, wookie, and others.

Another lie.

Here is the only post CW made during the election process about how he would moderate if elected.

3 Likes

A few weeks ago Jman, a lawyer, threatened legal action if his posts were not deleted.

Honest question. Do you take any responsibility for what has happened here?

1 Like

I have disagreed with forum consensus about all kinds of stuff. I argued, strongly and for months on end, that schools should have remained open and that children were not a major vector of spread in the Delta wave. I was yelling that Rebekah Jones was a fraud when she was a forum darling. I was, to some extent at least, defending Keeed and Mearsheimer in the Ukraine thread, or at least defending it as a legitimate point of view. Somehow I have never even come close to catching a ban for any of this. This is all just indulgence of a victimhood complex.

7 Likes

Sure, some. I regret even replying to the contrived accusations of racism that only came after people had been accused of being fake leftists, if you remember. That was a big mistake and was followed by arguments, contrived wookie bans (“naked racism” ban overturned), othering of British/Irish posters (“the Brit clique”), more bans and so on.

Will you ask the same question of Jman, wookie, goof baller and cuse?

Well I guess that makes you a better person than everyone at the captain’s table, (if more of a narcissist). Congrats.

Right but that’s kinda the point–you did those things and haven’t been banned, but to use keed as an example, he did catch a ban for his posting. As well as the harassment he’s endured for years of people @ing him out of nowhere, or posting “keeeeeeeed” everytime Glenn Greenwald says something dumb, or whatever else. Of course he is justified in being frustrated with that, and I think it’s OK that people are frustrated alongside him.

Ultimately I just think a lot of people wanted more of a social club, a place to shoot the shit and rant about Trump and repost occasional tweets and catch up on the news of the day. The bans were a method of enforcing that vision, but the whole idea of banning someone because you don’t like how they post is very dehumanizing. Some people like conversing with those banned individuals and rightly got frustrated when that was taken away, and the banned individuals are rightly frustrated when they feel like they’re treated unfairly. It isn’t a victimhood complex to be annoyed by this.

I hope the people that want more of a gated social club are able to get that, wherever it is. It’s sad that we couldn’t have all of it in one place.

5 Likes

Lol at accusing Chris of all people of never disagreeing with the forum about Ukraine and covid. Just a complete lack of awareness about the issues at play here despite thousands and thousands of posts.

Re: Hokie, Keed also could have you know, stopped defending Greenwald at any point in the last 7 years when it was clear the dude became a straight GOP apologist. Were we not allowed to call him out on this? I hope you’d have as much to say about the Captains bringing up issues from further in the past that are even less relevant now literally all the freakin time.

1 Like

Out of nowhere?
Keed has been a contrarian troll for a decade and told everyone he was subscribed to Greenwalds substack long after the guy went crazy.

5 Likes

The funny thing is that none of this stuff ever bothered Keed at all until he joined the Captains and they convinced him that laughing at his takes or an internet forum ban is dehumanizing.

Meanwhile 6ix is over here literally calling us NPCs left and right.

That’s not true. Of course it bothered me. I had quit the forum for a few months before captains ever were a thing.

1 Like

Laughing at people en masse and ridiculing them is dehumanising and shame on you for not realising this and instead choosing to empower it.

I remember 2p2 well, and that the hate you got there at times was 10x what you received here. Yet you always trucked along and kept making your arguments, and I respected you for that.

I thought it was worse here. I never quit 2+2 like I quit here. Obviously you know best though.

You’re like the original captain, you convinced me.

I didn’t call you an NPC, right?

1 Like