Master3004's Upbeat Walrus

Not In: still buttthurt bout getting beat by Aeroshit.

In all seriousness, looking forward to lurking this one.

2 Likes

I wonder what questions I’d have? prolly:

1. 80s hair
  2. the most distant artist from Radiohead (also 80s hair)
  3. etc
    4)etc
2 Likes

I probably rushed it but I couldn’t find my way to a happy/upbeat cover that wasn’t super played out. We’ll see, I probably still beat pyatnitski’s category 2 cover submission of this:

with this

1 Like

lol Adam Jones turning to walk after they alter that riff to God-tier.

Not quite, but the cover is definitely one where I said ‘fuck it’ and sent in one that maybe isn’t a crowd pleaser. Have to give everyone a chance.

Tried to enter.
Started going through guitar solos and fell down a Duane Allman rabbit hole.
Maybe next time.

1 Like

Still time if you want to give it another go

OK, I think I got mine in correctly. Don’t love my overall submission, but I needed to pop my walrus cherry, so to speak. Looking forward to looking at the podium longingly.

Almost went really on the nose for #7, but held off at the last minute, so I’ll post here instead to scratch the itch:

1 Like

i feel like the rules of this game were never fully explained and i still don’t understand what the game is but i’m not gonna ask, i’m just gonna sit back and figure it out when the results are presented somehow

2 Likes

Entry sent.

That might be my bad. Essentially, send me music you think I will like based on the categories and theme presented. Scores are weighted (more slightly for me than for others) towards less mainstream music or music I may have never heard before.

i have more than 7 songs in my list. should i trim it to 7? the 7 categories are included in my list and it’s a great standing desk list, i use it myself at a standing desk

Yeah, just the seven to represent the categories. If you want to include a link to a full playlist for my listening pleasure thats fine too, but im only scoring the 7 categories

should it be arranged in the 1-7 order in the OP?

Yes please.

i should have just not said anything and taken the 0

Submission sent. That wasn’t easy and I went out on a limb in most (all?) categories.

Can’t wait to hear this guitar solo during a live cover of a filthy 70s comedy song.

3 Likes

Eric Clapton covering Smut by Tom Lehrer live at the Hollywood Bowl in 1974?

1 Like

13 entries in. Ill cap it at 15 if two stragglers want to get in.