Master3004's Upbeat Walrus

What’s up everybody. I hope I am not stepping on any toes, so if I am, just let me know. If its not ok to run more than one Walrus at a time, or if we have an order or something just say the word.

But, if things are cool, I will put the OP here.

Seeing as my new temp job is a fairly glorified data entry spot, and that they have standing desks AND that I am looking to lose weight, and moving to the music is a great way to do so when you’re standing 80% of the day, its time for UPBEAT WALRUS!

That’s right. While I am a lover of the occasional, sad, heartfelt, love, or bummer song, to compete in this Walrus you must submit a list of only upbeat, tempo heavy, make your body want to move songs.

That doesn’t mean this will be contained to a single genre. Au contraire, some of my favorite shake your booty songs are from the hard rock genre. But, I am open to almost anything so long as it makes me want to move. Provided that your submissions fall into the following point generating topics!

But before that, A little about me. I’m 36, mixed race Puerto Rican/Irish so while I look super white, I can cut a rug pretty well and I have rhythm. I do not get this from my Irish side. I have been to roughly 100 concerts of all genres thanks to a rich girlfriend in high school, and I love live music.

1. A song with a killer guitar solo somewhere within.

2. A cover song

3. A filthy song.

4. A live song that includes the lead singer at some point allowing the audience to sing.

5. A song that will really really really tempt me to sing along with it despite the fact that I am in a quiet office.

6. A comedy song.

And lastly, from the decade of funk

1. A 70’s song.

Go! Have fun! I would like to reveal next weekend, so anybody who can get me entries before this weekend is up so I can get my groove on at work on Monday will be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

I’m going to get in on one of these eventually, but I listen to mostly sad, angry, depressing music.

4 Likes

yes!!!

I read the first few sentences of the OP and was overcome with enthusiasm!

I’m in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Push your comfort zone man. I guess I made it seem as though upbeat has to equal happy, but I meant upbeat specifically as an upper beat.

Like, I think Sevendust has some very move worthy songs, even though very few of them I would classify as “happy”

1 Like

Sweet! Lets do this!

1 Like

Ok I’m in. Let’s do this!

1 Like

People were once round (playing poker, if you can believe that) and someone asked for music on, but specified not anything ‘noisy or sad’. I was stumped.

That said, I’m in.

2 Likes
1 Like

My non upbeat brain tells me this isn’t going to end well but anyway I’m in.

1 Like

This is right in Schlitzy’s wheelhouse so it’s prolly a stone cold lock he comes in ded last

1 Like

Sent

1 Like

Damn, I want to get in on one of these too, but these cats feels like my personal opposite-world version of Cliff Clavin’s first round Jeopardy board. Still, I plan to be hungover tomorrow, so maybe I’ll give it a shot. Here to rail it either way!

1 Like

I’ve never played before. We just pm our list with links to Spotify? Descriptions are optional?

Descriptions are welcome but not required. You can send spotify or youtube links. Either or.

1 Like

In!

1 Like

I’m the famous singing plumber of greater Kansas City. I always have my ear-buds in, and customers have several times remarked about it. So question 5 should be right in my wheelhouse

better to have a singing plumber than a cussing one, eh?

1 Like
1 Like

In!!!

1 Like

This is the only one I’m having trouble with. Hard to find an upbeat song that is live, good quality audio, and the audience is singing along. The hunt continues!

2 Likes

Sent.

1 Like