Marble League 2020 - Presented by Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

It is here. Today marks the qualifiers for the 2020 Marble League. Rep your favorite here as we head towards the 2020 Marble League Championship.

Go Speeders!

10 Likes

They call me Mellow Yellow. That’s right!

1 Like

BALLS OF CHAOS was almost my screen name here

3 Likes

I have somehow never seen this before. I’m in, and will be supporting the O’rangers after the disappointing qualifier performance from the Chocolatiers.

It’d be amazing for this to explode into the next big sport. I imagine seeing this in an eGaming arena and crack up.

Theyve had a few runs on ESPN when they run The Ocho block

1 Like

No big shock, the Speeders performed poorly in the balancing event. Their main strength is speed obviously, but they are going to need some big results upcoming after performing so terribly in event one

So the final event of the marble league aired today. The last 5-6 events are absolutely bonkers.

Link?

Heres the main page.

You should watch all the events imo.

Never in doubt.

Except, I’m really surprised that they luckboxed the collision event.

My kids fucking love these vids so we watch each one at the moment they drop. They’ve even built their own marble stadium and events (with 16 teams, of course). Production values aren’t that great though. I think Jelle is very safe.

2 Likes

Yeah, like I said, outside of the speed events, they typically don’t do well (See the high jump.) But, it sure didn’t seem like collision was a luckbox. They dominated. I don’t think they lost a single heat.

Are the marbles actually different (other than color and variance in a set)? Or is it all just variance?

SAVAGE!!!

Man what a choke job by the orangers after the high jump event.

Pretty much all variance, though strangely, it does appear as though some sets are just better at certain events than others. I’ve been watching for years and The Speeders tend to be overall quite good in speed based events

1 Like

You poor bastard. At least they had a decent showing in the final

They should set this up like Marble Madness and have elite gamers run the courses with an RC marble.

1 Like

Fukkin Mellow Yellow for life. Quite rightly. I am very mad about saffron. And the feeling is mutual.

2 Likes

I think historically they’ve done very poor in collision.

Speeders just knew they had to bring the WIM to the collision. What a performance.