Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Ryu destroyed

https://twitter.com/johnfayman/status/1311410952034754562

Whoops.

https://twitter.com/CincyProblems/status/1311410822074294272

1 Like

Goldschmidt == Padres killer, regardless of team.

That’s weird, the Cardinals have 3 runs in the 1st inning and the Reds didn’t have any in 13.

1 Like

Hey Sabo whats the scoring percentage for leadoff walks nowadays?

Welp, initially I was disappointed the Braves drew Reds because their pitching seems sick… but seems from the comments in this thread that they are one of few teams out there with a losing tradition stronger than the Braves so guess that overrides…

1 Like

pretty much, lol. Well, except the Padres, I guess.

i still have memories of the 2012 NLDS on 2p2 with Giants fans in a panic when the Reds were up 2-0 against them in a Bo5 and 3 straight games to play in Cincinnati. But Reds fans all knew what was coming next. Or how about 2 years before that when the Reds got no-hit and eventually swept by the Phillies. They haven’t won a playoff series, or even a home playoff game, since 1995.

1 Like

my goodness Oakland. What a near meltdown. Got bailed out by the ump in the 8th. On to October.

Does anyone have a good way to stream these games?

Don’t worry, Brad Miller is our second best hitter. I think your Padres will be ok this series.

Cardinals could have Ozuna and Pham in the outfield right now.

So MLB overlaps a bunch of games in empty stadiums on a Wednesday afternoon. And now that prime time is here, the only game on the docket is in a rain delay, and seems likely to be postponed. WTF? There is one other game in progress, but in theory it would end at 8pm. Its running ridiculously long though. As most of them do these days.

Announcers in the Pads game just mentioned chewing tobacco and I thought of Tony. :sob:

Tony would’ve been phenomenal in the booth.

1 Like

Pads within 3 which is a good number for them this year.

FYP. T.Gwynn Sr broadcast plenty of games, both national & Padres. He just didn’t do it full time because he was coaching his Aztecs. T.Gywnn Jr is a Padres broadcaster, and his voice sounds just like his dad.

Yeah I remembered after I posted. I was thinking of the potential for longevity and where he wouldve ended up. Jack Buck probably the greatest announcer I ever heard.

Aw sheyot. Definitely gonna be catching Jr in the booth next year.

You never heard V.Skully?

If you did you missed the GOAT broadcaster all sports forever.