Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Yeah theres no doubt that the Padres are the exact opposite of the Yankees. This is why I snapped on whoever it was that made the Tony Gwynn money comments a few weeks back.

If the Pads win a WS you might wanna grab your bug out pack cause apocalypse is here.

1 Like

I was referring to the Twinkies above.

San Diego is the only major city to never have a major championship. This is like earth shattering levels of stress building built up for generations along this “fault.” If Sabo’s Padres won it all, the sudden release of all that “ZOMG finally!”, could be like a 9.9 earthquake.

The pandemic suppressing such a celebration could the only thing that saves the earth from crumbling into a buncha rocks.

3 Likes

Did the Yankees suck for a few decades around the 70’s?

The Yankees haven’t been to a World Series since 2009

3 Likes

Justin > Shane

Let’s see… the franchise that has the best all-time record, 10378-7840-88 .570 a whopping 0.035 over the #2 Giants (.535)?

In the 1970s the Yankees had nine winning seasons. They were two games under .500 in 1973. They had three .600 seasons and played in three World Series, winning two.

ETA: records thru 2019.

Now do all time rings.

Was it the 80’s they sucked in then? You are better than google.

They sucked after like 65 and before 73? Bad 82 through 93

eta: Pretty good in 70 and some .500 seasons sprinkled in. Shocked to learn they won 97 games in 85. I had thought after 81 it was a lost decade, but it’s before my time by a few years.

Those damn greedy players make so much for playing a game!

It was tolerable until they started putting players in front of congress.

Ever seen the Goonies? The Yankees are the shitbirds calling in the mortgage.

Traditionally, the league pennant was >>>> winning a WS. The WS was seen as the “icing on the cake”. The regular season was the cake. This started to fade after divisions and playoffs were introduced in 1969. But that was still the norm into 1980s. Of course, with the 1990s, the wildcards and interleague play ended all that.

Sure, the 2,727 WS champs is impressive, The real stark exposition of historic Yankee dominance is this: 40 AL Pennants, more than 1/3 of the total; 2500+ games over .500. They could go 0-162 for sixteen seasons and still have a winning record.

I’d like to see them try.

3 Likes

Their winning percentage is even higher if you only count the seasons where the players were true Yankees.

2 Likes

The Yankees weren’t in a WS during the 2010s (ZOMG) !

The above was a new version spewed by the babbling boobs yesterday. Who Sabo the Dog and me are backing, and why, NL edition (series odds from Yahoo, game odds from Vegas Insider)…

Sabo’s new Reds (+115) vs Cobb Co Braves (-139)

T.Bauer (+115) @ M.Fried (-125), 9:08 am pdt.
Me: anti-CSA. We back: Sabo’s new Reds.

My New Cubs (-182) vs The Fish (+150)

S.Alcantera (+145) @ K.Hendricks (-160), 11:08 am.
Sabo: Prime Directive. Sabo backs: Miami. Me? I back my new Cubs.

Sabo’s Padres (-218) vs The Wizard’s Curse (+175)

K.Kim (+145) @ C.Paddack (-160), 2:08 pm.

Hated Dodgers (-304) vs Luser Brewers (+240)

B.Suter (+200) @ W.Buehker (-220), 7:08 pm.
Sabo & me: We’re San Diegans, LA sucks !!!1! We back: Milwaukee.

So, go Reds.
Unfortunately, the betting value was on the Braves so ehhhhhh

i have tons of Bauer exposure today in DFS and I hate it :(

its happening!

LET’S FUCKING GO

It has to be a good sign for the Reds that nearly every pitch of Fried’s has been put into play so far