Major League Baseball (Part 1)

In jest requires a jest. He meant that San Francisco is full of f***. That’s the joke.
I’m pushing the issue because the that is the literal joke. Gays are f***. San Francisco (or whatever) have tons of them.

The fact that it was said ‘in-jest’ isn’t apologetic, it’s the actual problem.

Reds lighting up Wainwright makes me a happy, happy woman

Took them a decade to figure him out.

1 Like

1 Like

Is this FAKE NEWS? Don’t see it reported anywhere reputable.

Knock knock
Who’s there?
One of the f** capitals of the world
Sir, this is a Wendy’s

5 Likes

This is why I want to know what city he was referring to. If it was San Fran I assume he would have said “THE capital”. I want to know what other cities make his list. I am relatively confident it’s going to be hilarious, like KC or Cleveland.

1 Like

8 Likes

Where can I read about how a pitcher chooses what pitch to throw? I’m a noob.

I’m coming around on there being a baseball god, it explains too much. Four straight grand slams for San Diego against the Rangers.

2 Likes

This is my guess too, for the same reasons.

Another thing to consider is T.Brennaman was chatting along with somebody else. The intolerant love to circle-jerk. Depending, that somebody else could be looking for work soon too. For example: Crew member (closed mic): “BLM sucks and they’re fucking up Portland”; T.B. (open mic): “… f** capital…”.

2 Likes

I just started The book: playing the percentages in baseball. Maybe there’s something in there.

1 Like

I love a great squeeze play, but agree that it is nearly irrelevant in today’s game.

1 Like

Pitch sequencing and pitch tunneling are probably what you want to read about.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/the-effects-of-pitch-sequencing/?from=saberarchive

https://tht.fangraphs.com/pitch-tunneling-is-it-real-and-how-do-pitchers-actually-pitch/

Also, not all pitches have the same values for all batters with some pitches showing reliable platoon splits. For example, if you’re a RHP throwing to a RHB, the best two-pitch arsenal you could have would be fastball/slider. However, that’s not optimal against a LHB in most cases. You’d really prefer a 12-to-6 curve or changeup in place of the slider and maybe a different fastball movement as well.

2 Likes
1 Like

That wasn’t a squeeze though, it was just a bunt for a hit and Hayes took two bases.

As a side note, Hayes, should have definitely been thrown out. He somehow magically teleport halfway down the line to home. You see him rounding third as the fielder is about to grab the ball, but then when they show him throwing it is no where to be seen in the background.

It seems like you just don’t understand how good Hayes was.

7 Likes

My favorite part of Major League is the SS on the Yankees wears #2 and is like a 125 pound runt.

He might run like Mays…

I just showed my 11-year-old Major League (one of my top-5 favorite movies) a couple weeks ago. He likes sports, but isn’t really “into” them, but he loved it. As he should. It’s one of two movies that I could probably quote every line (Weird Science being the other).

I believe the spring training locker room scenes were filmed in my high school, but I had trouble recognizing the room. The specific locker room was new at the time, so things might have been rearranged.

When I pitched in high school, my outfielders would always yell at me when I was on the mound, “GIVE HIM THE HEATER!”

The joke was that I finesse pitcher.

2 Likes