Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Yeah this was rough. Absolutely gavs away a game to one of the worst looking teams in the league. No idea what Yaz was doing there or why he couldnt make the jump, but his grandaddy would slap the shit out of him.

Sure but we’ll whoop your ass in agriculture studies

1 Like

If you only saw the scoring plays, you didn’t even get the whole story.

Check out this sequence:

2 Likes

And after that, I’ll only have one PING stadium left on my “bucket list”. It’s on to Omaha NE, and Schwab Stadium for the CWS.

My Stadium Bucket List

1. Fenway Park ~ home of my Red Sox
  2. Rose Bowl ~ I’m going to the next Rose Bowl game.
  3. Gilette Stadium ~ home of my Patriots. I might see soccer instead, as I’m not really keen on directly buying shit from the NFL,
  4. Chukchansi Park ~ home of the Caloop Fresno Grizzlies. This one’s for Sabo, as it’s one of the two stadiums he needs to complete his Stadium Quest (all dog friendly MLB and MiLB stadiums in AZ, CA, NV). We;ll be there a week from today.
  5. Banner Island Ballpark ~ home of the Caloop Stockton Ports. This is the other one for Sabo. We’ll be there two weeks from today.
  6. Land Stadium.
  7. Schwab Stadium.
  8. to 20. The other 13 current MLB stadiums I haven’t been to.

I might as well put SoFi and Alliegent on the list. I assume I’ll eventually see FBS at both.

The narrative that the Angels are terrible is funny when we joke about it but the major media bozos who don’t watch baseball repeating it ad nauseam is tiresome. They’ve had a top 10 payroll in baseball for quite a while now and have been crushed by devastating injuries in many of those years.

The 2023 lineup is solid and they’re currently projected to be about the 10th best team by WAR. Notably, their one glaring weakness is bullpen, an area where they could pick up about 2 expected wins by matching the BP talent to their hitting and SP. Like any other year, luck will play a huge role since you need to dodge key injuries and also have players outperform expectations. They’re currently projected to win 85 and 86 games by FanGraphs and PECOTA, respectively which lines up with ROS WAR.

True. It’s also an example of how they don’t really understand, or care to understand, how baseball, or even sports in general, actually work. Instead, they are lazy, and proud of it.

1 Like

There are also a lot of closeted homers hoping Ohtani comes to their team / media market because $$$$$$$. Guy with $35M in endorsements is guy you can talk about for entire shows and draw huge ratings.

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa

:harold:

*falsely-proclaimed-unbiased homers

1 Like

Overall favorite that youve been to?

A couple of cavets: As a general life thingee, I try not to rank things (without a particular reason). So I’m always unprepared for these kinds of Qs. Like “favorite movie” and “favorite band” throws me the same way. To cope, I sometimes just pick something and stick with it. In these examples The Good the Bad and the Ugly and The Who.

Second, I’ve now been to most of these places with Sabo. At Bark in the Park, you are restricted to a small part of the stadium. So it’s hard to rank places you’ve only experienced a small slice of.

But I won’t be a wierdo here, and I’ll give an answer.

For MLB parks, and exluding Wrigley (and Fenway) which is in a different catagory altogether, the Populous designed stadiums are considered the gold standard. I’ll agree with this, there is a reason they dominate that niche (at the MLB, MiLB, and NCAA levels in fact). Of the Populous MLB stadiums, Oracle is considered the best. Oracle is very nice. However…

I like Petco the best.

1 Like

Oneil Cruz has a broken ankle after a play at the plate. Benches cleared but it looked like 1) just one of those things and 2) Cruz’s slide was pretty janky. Terrible news for Cruz and the Pirates, but most importantly it’s absolutely devastating to my already-injury-wracked fantasy team.

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1645142436367466498

That bat kick was nice.

1 Like

:harold:

A 6’7" shortstop sliding feet first at home, yeah nothing about that looked natural.

1 Ward
2 Trout
3 Ohtani
4 Rendon
5 Renfroe
6 Drury

is no joke. The bullpen is a dumpster fire and is gonna cost them the best player of all time.

10-10 in the 10th wild game

you guys got us back today. it hurt a little ngl

weird, wild stuff

1 Like

Mariners lost today when they had the lead going into the 9th,10th,11th,12th.

1 Like

I broke my leg sliding into third in softball once. It sucks. :pensive:

At least you weren’t sliding into first and felt something burst

1 Like