Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Personally I think Lindor is a better player, but that’s just me.

The best part of this is that it has no impact on going after Ohtani next season.

Although it does put the Giants in the running for Sho now in a big way.

(Unless, I guess, if it comes out that they acted in poor faith and no one trusts them with a big deal, but at least Boras isn’t Ohtani’s agent).

So he has to be hurt enough that the Giants voided the deal?

Holy shit, wtf?

So the Giants were meant to be one of the big players heading into thia offseason and signed esssntially no one?

Jfc

Happened to Jon Dorenbos a few years ago. Traded from the Eagles to the Saints, his Saints physical found an aeoritc aneurysm that needed to be operated on, and ended his football career.

Will be interesting to find out the details that led to the Correa deal falling through and him ending up in NY.

Their deal is contingent on a physical as well, right?

Would be crazy to have a guy go from 13 years 350 to league minimum because of a physical ailment.

Man, sounds like he was actually really lucky to be traded.

2 Likes

Thought that said erotic aneurysm and was like “lucky bastard”

2 Likes

Yea it possibly saved his life. He retired as an Eagle after that, and Philly loves him so that was nice. I think he even got a Superbowl Ring the following year even though he wasn’t playing anymore. Now he can focus more on his magic career, which is is actually really good at.

2 Likes

Turns out no one wants to play in a ballpark designed for a roided out Barry Bonds, who knew?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SamHustis/status/1605630317850550272

Jfc

This is a deeply weird thing to say

Im starting to think Ziadi might be a Dodgers plant sent to destroy the Giants

GMs are in place to take the shit so owners don’t have to. I’m pretty sure Zaidi was good with this deal, but he’s not the one who signs the checks in the end. Someone got skittish. It also seems like a deal that the Giants were just taking too long to make a decision on the medicals and Boras fucked them.

In any case, I’m super curious to find out what the real issue is. People are surprised Correa so quickly and happily signed for less money, but what are the NY tax laws? My guess is that it’s a wash for him in the end.

Classy

I wonder what they will pick

I actually think they’ll cut him. Or is that the obvious answer and what you were implying?

I figured they’d be eager to bring him back into the fold. Happy to be wrong if a team takes the correct ethical approach though.