Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Quite the fancy uni too. 696

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/1568770565942435844

1 Like

Mets lose the NL East lead.

Least surprising thing to ever happen.

Huh? The Mets retook first place last night.

Yeah but they still lost it a few days earlier and are on their way down while the Braves are surging.

The lost it the day before so they were out of first for like 24 hours

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/xbsaps/albert_pujols_passes_alex_rodriguez_with_home_run/

Sole possession of 4th place.

1 Like

I should totally care about someone closing in on 700 homers, but I absolutely do not for some reason.

Good, glad to see Pujols pass ARod and move into the rarefied air of players never suspended by MLB for a positive steroids test.

1 Like

Turn on the end of mariners game when I get home. Just wow. Blowing a 4 run lead in the ninth is brutal.

Julio tho.

1 Like

Lead off bunt attempt was lame. Julio is unreal.

Wow what an ending. Who needs nfl

Definitely some Mariners baseball.

Trout with HRs in 7 straight games. Angels have at least won 3 of those.

Angels not making the playoffs while having the two best players in the world on their team is gonna be part of a future Dorktown video.

It’s in the angels tradition. They’ve had some incredible players over the years. Nolan Ryan when they were still the CA angels (I have an original CA Angels jacket somewhere that I lost, but I dont care that much, Im a dodgers fan)

Well Trout only played 70% of the games this year which makes him an elite All Star level producer for the seasons in terms of wins, as opposed to a historically great player in terms of wins contributed.

Even so, having two historically great players (let’s say about 10 WAR each) on a team that is otherwise replacement players (about 50 wins) gets you a 70-90 kind of record. Obviously you need to have more than just the two stars to be a playoff team. There’s about 20 more WAR of value required across the roster to get to 90 wins. That should be achievable, but it’s not a given.

Shouldn’t the math work that a net 0 war team goes 81-81?

That would be wins above average. Wins above replacement is how well they do compared with an available scrub.

2 Likes

That’s it. All time great seasons of 10 WAR mean the guy produced 10 more wins than a “AAAA” type player.