Major League Baseball (Part 1)

How will getting a WS this or next season prevent them for sucking ass later on?

Gave up quite a few prospects.

And I doubt they’ll be able to keep all 3 of their big names at the same time long term. Soto will be free after two seasons.

EDIT: Oh, see what you meant

“the vaccine, what it’s supposed to do, it’s not doing. If it was doing what it was supposed to do and stopping the spread of COVID (then) I would have a little more willingness to take it, but it’s not doing that.”

that was quite the word salad

but he basically said he’d take it if it means playing in the playoffs

Yeah, I guess I was being pedantic. I think I understand your point, which I believe was “They better get something out of this right away, to make the likely upcoming desert worth it”.

I think a deep run, even without a WS, will still make it worth it, but I agree there’s a lot of pressure now.

1 Like

I would be shocked if SD traded for Soto and doesn’t intend to try to extend him.

Yeah, 15 years is going to suck, but he fits perfectly with their core and a team that wants to win short and medium term.

eh, he’s more likely getting traded at a future trade deadline they have a LOT of money tied up already

alternative is spend like the dodgers and end up like the angels were you have a few studs and not much else anywhere

Braxton Garrett has hit 2 batters, K-ed 8 through 4, and 3 of those so filthy, they had to complete with a throw to 1st

Spencer Strider recognize. Braves have everyone healthy? That young core Acuna, Riley, Albies and Olson. Dansbae

The remainder of the season is gonna be good

May the GOAT RIP.

2 Likes

this just popped up in my feed. We’ve known it was coming for a while but he just never seemed to age at all. rip to a legend. i doubt any broadcaster in history really comes close to him.

1 Like

Yeah seems like it was only a few years ago that he retired. I had to check to see that it was 2016. Definitely would have guessed like 2018/19.

yea and then he was only doing an inning or two at a time and not every night.

It was always a treat for me. in 2014-2016 dodgers had a few very interesting seasons and I was driving the boat a lot, it was quite monotonous and my graveyards always started right when the games would. the nights he’d call a few innings of games were great. he never lost it or slowed down, which is quite remarkable to have that mental quickness in your late 80’s.

1 Like

this is of course the most famous moment, probably - https://youtu.be/0toCMwEBwLo

longer version - https://youtu.be/N4nwMDZYXTI

trying to think of some other good ones

1 Like
1 Like

To me, the true brilliance of Vin Scully was in the totally off-the-wall stories told nightly during mundane regular season baseball games of minimal significance.

5 Likes

As a tiger fan. Ernie Was like this for us.

The Buckner game:

Hank Aaron’s 715th home run:

Sandy Koufax’s perfect game (audio only):

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the day that Bob Uecker goes.

1 Like

That Bumgarner clip really shows his mastery of being both a pbp guy and a color guy at the same time, which is horrendously difficult to do. Its the thing that astounded me most about him.

He may have been the voice of the rivals, but he was THE legend in sports broadcasting. Anyone who could get me to take a few innings away ftom Kruk and Kuip to see what he had to say was a man at the absolute top of his craft.

I wonder in 40 years are your grandkids going to be talking about Joe Buck this way