Major League Baseball (Part 1)

already is, homers are down

During the Mets game they put up a graphic showing that the Mets have the 4th best OPS at 0.746

I always thought that 0.750 represented the average player.

1 Like

Yep pitching has the edge early on, cept versus Lord Byron

Eloy injured again

stop getting injuries young players it’s not fun

Hitting has been trending down last few years, but is way down this year (although part of that is early season).

will pick up with the weather now but still will be down overall

So Rays relievers combine for no-hitter through 9. They did walk some guys, but Rays offense didn’t score, so it went into the tenth and Boston scored when ghost runner was driven in with a triple. I guess my point is that its possible to throw a perfect ten inning game in terms of not allowing a batter to reach first base, and still lose. That’s just dumb.

1 Like

Think average is (was) .700

Will be interesting to see how the humidors affect balls in hot, high humidity areas when it really starts to cook this summer.

Though the Sox pitched their asses off, too, apparently

Rays pulled it out

images (2)

Can’t believe Oliver Perez is still playing. He sucked with the Mets like 10 years ago. He’s worse now.

he sucked for the pirates before that

but he left the mets and was good, became a solid reliever for several seasons

and now he’s shit again

Last three half innings in the Phils/Brewers game have ended on called third strikes that were clearly out of the zone. The ump: I’ll give you two guesses.

Oh Angel, you rascal!

Man, Angel Hernandez’s ump scorecard is going to be interesting tonight. Most of the bad calls have been REALLY bad - strikes well off the plate. I’ve noticed a couple obvious strikes called balls, too. Even the announcers are commenting. This is nearing Eric Gregg territory.

And listening to Bryce Harper talk for five innings is driving me insane. Does anyone hate this ESPN announcing team as much as I do? I think they’re terrible.

I think they would be better if the main PBP guy (is it Ravech?) would let the other two analyze the game more. And I like the idea of talking to a player for multiple innings - I’ve seen some good ones - but Harper is boring.