Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Perfect through 7. Anywhere to watch this without signing up for the MLBTV Package?

Did I just tune in to watch back-to-back-to-back home runs for the Doyers?

They’re pulling him WTF???

LOL and the relief pitcher makes one out then allows a 4-pitch walk.

Looking at the box score, Kershaw had only thrown 80 pitches too.

DAGNABBIT IN MY DAY IF YOU DIDN’T FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED THEY SENT YOU DOWN TO PLAY WITH THE NEGROES, I TELL YOU WHAT!

Isn’t this one of his first starts after TJ? ETA: Never mind, he never got Tommy John’d.

Jack Morris would have finished the game even if he had surgery that morning. Now there was a Real Ace!

Because it’s not about perfect games and history and everything. It’s about… something different than that. What’s it about again?

He was injured last year and with a short spring training I don’t think he’d had a chance to work his way up throwing more than a few innings this years.

He’s also old and Dodgers need him in playoffs, so while it sucks, it’s almost certainly the smart play.

Very true. On the other hand…

6 Likes

I know Kershaw is going to get all the headlines, But Webb continues to be an absolute beast since early May of last year. I think he’s allowed over 3 ER in 3 of his last 25.

Baseball hates fun. If I was at a game with a pitcher perfect through 7 and then pulled I don’t think I’d watch another game ever.

3 Likes

Vladdy is good at hitting baseballs!

Not when I bet on him

2 Likes

Oh I see a lot of people are finding out what a Dave Roberts is. Welcome to The Show.

3 Likes

I’m just saying, if the fans are freezing their balls off and a pitcher has a no-no going through seven, removing him from the game is an asshole move.

(This was Triple A, but still…)

Edit: lol I just found out about Kershaw. Lol baseball.

Pulling Kershaw is absurd and everyone is now dumber for it happening. Six batters away from something that’s been done 23 times in something like 150 years and the last one was 10 years ago. Baseball is so dumb.

1 Like

Has it been ten years since Cain?

Oh, and King Felix! Forgot that was the same year

Holy shit - via Joe Posnanski’s site, I now know that this is the SECOND time that Dave Roberts has pulled a pitcher after 7 perfect innings. He pulled Rich Hill in 2016 after 7 innings and 89 pitches (blister on his pitching hand).

Edit: Posnanski also makes some excellent points:

• Clayton Kershaw is 34 years old and has not made 30 starts in a season since 2015, which was “Cam Newton was the NFL MVP” years ago.
  • Kershaw finished last season with his elbow barely intact. It was so bad that after the season ended, he did not pick up a baseball for three months. Rumors circulated that he might retire and I suspect he seriously considered it.
  • He only began throwing again in January and did not feel confident that he could actually stay healthy enough to pitch until March.
  • In a shortened spring training, he threw a grand total of 101 pitches. The most pitches he threw on any given day was 75, and that was in a simulated game, not exactly the same thing.
  • Do you know when was the last time Clayton Kershaw threw a complete game? Go ahead, take a stab at it. It was July 9, 2017, against Kansas City. That’s almost five years, if you’re scoring at home.
1 Like

Are those arguments for or against pulling him?