Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Just like in tennis. Players will adjust.

Breaking: Pirates agree to a contract extension–8 for 70 on Hayes hahaha. BIG news there.

1 Like

the surprise is his injury today wasn’t major that would be the most pirates thing to happen

1 Like

Only 3rd time since 1890 the Reds haven’t opened at home.

Did not realize they’re using tech to signal pitches. How is that not something that existed forever ago?

lol Minneapolis, opening day postponed because of snow.

Will the Mariners break their 20-year run of missing the playoffs?

• Yes
  • No
  • I fucking hope so

0 voters

Votto might win an Emmy for tonight.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1512245143587332096

2 Likes

The only issue I have is with that being on a Twitter account called awful announcing. Kurkjian is the best person in all of baseball.

I think it’s for the helium voice he breaks into?

For sure, but it’s that level of genuine excitement about a random pop fly that makes him so lovable.

1 Like

I’m with you here, if you don’t get all horny about this obscure little nothings, then why even watch baseball? For the nonstop action?

1 Like
2 Likes

Listening to the Giants game. Somehow I missed them signing Pederson 3 weeks ago. Not a bad DH pickup.

For those who might have missed it. Seriously, Baseball needs to lean into this kind of thing. I bet there are other players who would do this. Of course, JDV seems to have the mental side of the game on lockdown, so this distraction probably didn’t bother him as much as it would others.

1 Like

Excuse me.

WIRE TO WIRE!

162-0

1 Like

Maybe not Votto, but the sound team 100% deserves one for it.

Tapping Albies to let him know not to say anything stupid because he was live miced was chefs kiss though

Joey Bart, welcome to the big leagues with a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fly