Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I don’t think that’s a uniquely American thing. Perhaps what separates America is the amount of professional success that half has.

1 Like

At least the Twins got to drop some bombs before the season was canceled, lol MLB

1 Like

Cubbies NL central champs if the season ended today. Run differential is the tie breaker. Suck it, Crads.

5 Likes

Seems like they could have reduced travel by doing five game series’ instead of three and four game sets. But I guess they wanted to preserve the weekend series concept. Though I don’t understand why, given there are no fans in the seats.

1 Like

Why cant they just have Trump’s storm troopers round up the players and force them at gun point to keep playing? It’s good for the economy and all those ball players would have died eventually anyway.

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1287773610329939968

1 Like

Tigers made the playoffs!

Congrats to mlb for upholding it’s traditional role of keeping us occupied until the nhl and nba start.

3 Likes

Y’all had me googling for news that the season is cancelled. We’ve got games in a couple hours. I don’t think this is the end just yet.

I don’t see how they can possibly have any kind of a season in these circumstances.

1 Like

Not officially, but I’d take the no side of there being a single game this weekend.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/matt_breen/status/1287761917067636738

3 Likes

wat

2 Likes

Someone will die and that’ll be the end of it.

I don’t think this season makes it past mid/late august.

Nobody can be legally forced into unsafe working conditions. Any group of working folk can meet to make that decision. Nothing about having a CBA changes that.

As for the MLB owners… it doesn’t sound like they have a plan at all. I can see waiting to this morning for the non-poz Marlins to travel. That’s about it.

But cancelling today’s Marlins game… isn’t that whats the off-site practice squad was supposed to be for? As for cancelling the Phillies game… unless the Phillies are poz’ed and we haven’t heard about it yet, WTF they can’t turn a locker room around between games?

Was this meant to be a reply to me? My “wat” was a reaction to the Marlins knowing ahead of the game that they had positive players and then playing anyway.

I think MLB owners should be required to travel with the teams, stay in the same hotels, eat with them, be in the locker rooms, etc etc etc. Wonder how long the season would continue under those circumstances, or failing that I wonder how much more effective the measures to prevent the spread would become.

1 Like

OK VG.

A really good Q, which I gotta believe the answer to is “yes”, is did the rest of the folks working that game know this ahead of time also. If the answer is “no”… that’s really fucked up, and they need to cut that shit out.

1 Like

Yeah, but who wants those MLB owner ghouls hanging around the team? Instead, they should all go on a cruise ship together for the duration… and enjoy the season on tv like the rest of us.