Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Apparently it’s data that is only shared with the media. Not available to the public.

I YELLED “BACK!” AS SOON AS HE HIT IT. I’M THE REASON HE CAUGHT IT.

1 Like

In all seriousness O’Neill might be putting it all together.

I will be eating bbq at a Mets game tomorrow. Not sure if that helps.

none of those are a fielding error per se fielders choice is to not step/tag and then he tried to throw the guy out at home

If mental errors counted tho…

I see twitter has discovered minor league food is whatever cheap shit they serve.

Wait till people find out they also have to pay for it.

MLB will respond with the fiasco with either ignoring it entirely or eliminating 100 more minor league teams.

I was just asking if there was anything special anyone knew at either stadium. sorry i asked :)

Tatis is a fucking loser.

All the boomers are right about him.

This was dropped for a HR and that moron celebrates like he hit a game winner

did you call the no hitter for Yu already?

https://twitter.com/GottaBelievePod/status/1400646972357464065?s=19

Forfeit win for the Mets baby

maybe he was itchy

Is there a sport out there with coaches that aren’t morons?

did you like that Taijuan Walker at bat after 81 pitches?

I did not

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/04/sticky-stuff-is-the-new-steroids-daily-cover

One ball made its way into an NL dugout last week, where players took turns touching a palm to the sticky material coating it and lifting the baseball, adhered to their hand, into the air. Another one, corralled in a different NL dugout, had clear-enough fingerprints indented in the goo that opponents could mimic the pitcher’s grip. A third one, also in the NL, was so sticky that when an opponent tried to pull the glue off, three inches of seams came off with it.

I don’t remember the exact details but a few years ago Trevor Bauer used a substance for one inning and improved his spin rate by a lot. He basically told the world this was going on but it didn’t get picked up.

He started cheating like everyone eventually.

Edit: I am under the impression most players don’t mind the pitchers being able to grip the ball a little better but when you start manipulating spin rate it goes to far. They are basically throwing whiffle balls right now.

Yes, I think this was mentioned in this thread already. It’s why they’ve always allowed pitchers to use rosin. If the ball is slipping out of the pitcher’s hand that dangerous for pitchers. It shouldn’t be so sticky that it generates extra spin though.

omg last night I hear these two rad bros go “darvish has a no hitter going” and me and my friend just look at each other and groan and sure enough that at bat a guy gets a hit to break it up in the top of the 5th. Like cmon you have to wait at least 6 full innings before you can say something like “Yu’s got a good game going so far”

Also I’ve been to 2 of Yu’s starts this year and he’s hitting .600 in those games and is 0/19 in games I haven’t attended.

Thatsthejoke.gif?