Major League Baseball (Part 1)

David Ross doesn’t know shit. Those were strikes.

1 Like

degrom is clearly washed

Holy shit replay is aids

Guy comes off the bag for a millisecond after easily beating the throw and he’s out.

Fuck baseball

4 Likes

Watch how fast Mark Buehrle pitches the 9th inning of his perfect game. Dude literally pitches as soon as the catcher throws the ball back. We need more of this.

9 Likes

Replay is for people who don’t believe in playing the game the right way and are soft.

2 Likes

God that Wise catch is epic, I had completely forgotten about that. Dude flies across the field to rob a homerun in the 9th inning to keep a perfect game intact.

2 Likes

Streaker slid into the tube haha.

https://mobile.twitter.com/troychewning/status/1397719202191101953

5 Likes

Hahaha, dude should have just laid down in the middle of the tube and forced them to come in and get him.

1 Like

I was looking at the '99 season (Pedro was robbed) and looked at the WAR standings for all the hitters that year. 6th highest in the entire league blew my mind. The absolute apex of the hitter era and this was the 6th most valuable hitter in the league:

36 year old Randy Velarde.

That is what they call a career year.

Also, as a 2B his WAR is going to run relatively high I think. He was, for example, surpassed that year by another notable 2B.

This might literally be the worst defensive play in MLB history. No hyperbole.

Keep in mind there are 2 outs.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1397965741916360714

15 Likes

Lol that’s fantastic. When I umpired games something similar to this happened except the fielding team eventually got the runner out at 1st. The hitting team’s coach tried to argue with me that the run still counts since the runner from 3rd got home before they eventually got the batter out for the 3rd out of the inning.

One of the few times I had to call our league’s “officer of the day on duty” over to our field to help me out to calm down the coach who was clearly wrong.

That’s one dumb first baseman.

1 Like

At first I thought - why was no one covering first. But then why would any of the other fielders think the first baseman was going to be dumb enough to chase him all the way to home, but not tag him.

1 Like

wtf?

All 1B has to do is step on first, right?

Did the runner insult his mother or something on the way down the line?

The game is still going on and that clip has 1.3 million views on Twitter alone. That dude is gonna be mocked for that the rest of his life.

I sort of get it at first. He assumed the runner would just give up and let himself be tagged. Once the runner started retreating, maybe he felt pot committed to tagging him rather than running back to first (and probably still thought at some point the runner would give up). I feel I’ve seen other clips where a fielder chases a runner all the way back to the bag and tags him (often the 2B chasing a runner back to first).

It only really became boneheaded when he threw the ball - he was so close to the runner not being able to retreat any more as well.

HE JUST DOESN’T PLAY THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY!

I’m HS we used to track both physical and mental errors. That crap would’ve had you running sprints in freshman ball. LoL still doing that in MLB.