Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I think MLB needs to study if the “runner on second” rule may actually be making extra innings games longer, in terms of time, than they used to be. Starting an inning with a runner in scoring position seems to create tension that actually slows the game down imo. Seems to me that tenth innings now are running longer than tenth innings in 2019 and so forth. This is another solution in search of a problem and like most of the other MLB fixes really does little to shorten ballgames.

1 Like

Were they trying to me OT games shorter on average or just eliminate the 17 inning outlines?

I think they wanted to make them shorter in terms of times and pitches I guess. But I’m not sure either thing is happening. Plus they’re kind of dictating that teams need high strikeout relievers for extra innings. Guys who pitch to contact won’t succeed in that format as easily.

They also fuck up fantasy points which is the only thing that matters.

Just had a cringeworthy conversation on the Red Sox radio station, WEEI. Apparently the local sports network (NESN) had a pre-game discussion about being a black athlete in Boston, staring Jim Rice, Dock Ellis, and Mo Vaughn. The white radio guy kept describing the participants as “eloquent” and “well spoken” and said something like “just goes to show how things have progressed that a conversation like this even takes place.” Yikes.

Those guys are certainly a credit to their race, IMO.

Yah is there a term for that cringey way that old white guys give hamfisted compliments to black people for being “well spoken” and terrible shit like that? It is the worst.

Edit: aside from “racist” ldo

This is normal

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1392303472653914113

1 Like

pretty sad for oakland, they’re about to lose warriors/raiders/A’s in such a short time span.

but there’s no way they should give some rich assholes a stadium on the water because they’re going full mafia gee it’d be a shame if you lost the A’s–fuck that shit.

also the part where it’d cost jobs because it’s being used because it’s a port.

1 Like

I haven’t been following this but the Sox broadcast was talking about it last night. What’s the summary, typical bullshit where billionaire owner wants a new stadium, city won’t give it, so he/MLB goes around shopping for some sucker who will?

Yes. The owner is a billionaire son of a billionaire. You know, a self made man.

Royals, man.

The A’s stadium is shit, so that is a point–it’s just they always go you build and pay for it and put it in the stupidest place for it because it’s only used X times a year all so a few rich dipshits can see water while they sit in the suite.

There’s got to be 100 better places of utility for a city to put a only sort of used stadium but no no no can’t do that.

The Blue Jays are…good?

Sure, if they can play the Barves every day.

I still don’t think they have enough pitching to stick around. Third-best run differential in the majors is nothing to sneeze at, though.

just so you know, @skydiver8, if you get shutout by Chi Chi Gonzalez at Coors field on a hot day you get relegated to the Cactus league.

lmao the Reds have this weird allergy to winning anywhere west of the Mississippi

1 Like

damn what happened to luis castillo went from good to very very not good

How often can a team put up an 8 spot and still not lead, much less win

https://twitter.com/fantasylabsmlb/status/1393661903063240706?s=21