Major League Baseball (Part 1)

akil baddoo is a cool name.

i’m watching the reds game and it just said “nick krall joins the broadcast” and it ended up a lot less funny than i imagined

1 Like

Newest sign of the apocalypse, Giants lead the league in homers per game

If you aren’t playing Beat The Streak, sign up. It’s pretty good. I won this for a 5 game hitting streak.

3 Likes

just pick Akil Baddoo every game. Just tripled on his first at bat today.

1 Like

I know the Pirates suck, but that does not mitigate my enjoyment of watching the Reds tee off against them every game.

Also, Akil Baddoo is getting all the attention because of his cool name, but there’s a better rookie out there…

1 Like

It’s also cool to see Rule-5 picks succeed.

1 Like

Nice. I got one of those once, but I had to run my streak up to 25 to get it.

1 Like

Anyone have a good promo for MLB.TV?

Got destroyed in nfl dfs and losing for the first time in an nba season (so far).

At least there’s baseball. That 9th inning two outs meaningless double by Villar chef kiss

(First place was 5k but some one dude hacked my computer and played the exact same lineup so we chopped)

6 Likes

Hahahahhaa

Mets and Marlins tie game Mets at bat bottom 9th bases loaded. Conforto sticks his elbow into a pitch down the middle of the plate and the ump calls it a HBP can’t review it Mets win.

1 Like

LOOOOOL. I just watched the replay, and even the Mets announcers are incredulous.

1 Like

Haha yea funny as shit!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1380257230419857408

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t hate the call, but I wouldn’t mind a rule change or clarification. Umps don’t invoke the “didn’t try to get out of the way” clause on a HBP. They never really have. If the ball hits you, you get the base. Also, parts of the batter will be over the plate and even in the strike zone at times. It’s a necessity, there’s no way to hit the outside corner otherwise.

That pitch looked a bit like a bit of a hanger where Conforto was expecting a bigger drop. Whether it backdoored into the zone or not isn’t entirely clear, but it looked kind of high to me. It looked like he was getting ready to go down for it and when it didn’t drop he pulled back, and it caught his elbow over the plate. It’s not like he was trying to get hit, that much is clear. I feel like I’ve seen that same HBP many times, this one just gets attention because it’s a walkoff. I think a rule giving the umpire discretion to not award a HBP if it hits the arms/hands that are over the plate and in or near the strike zone is fine. They sort of have that discretion now, it’s just never invoked. The batter doesn’t deserve the base, but as written and called, he’s getting it every time there.

Next one isn’t gonna catch his elbow imo.

Welcome to the age of the Astros. No consequences for cheating anymore.

What a scumbag

I don’t think this is clear.

Lol fucking wat?

REDS tho

Bigly runs. Much hits.

1 Like

Lynn with complete game shutout against the royals. 11k, 111 pitches, no walks. Impressive stuff