Major League Baseball (Part 1)

1 Like

My owner is currently losing money to children on Reddit.

Mistakes were made.

what is it with owning the mets and making absolutely ridic financial decisions

Scott Rolen should be in the hall. But so should a lot of players that aren’t.

don’t agree, but that all depends on your hof standards

never watching him I thought he was some great player

Lol Hall of Fame tells Schilling to go fuck himself and he can’t take himself off the ballot.

Schilling the player being inducted, but Schilling the person not being allowed to attend the induction ceremony would be pretty sweet (but HOF would never do that).

1 Like

Being forced to listen to Schilling’s acceptance speech would be reason alone not to vote him in.

1 Like

There’s a strong sabermetric case for Rolen, but a lot of that is tied up in defensive value and he had some problems with staying healthy for a full season, so he’s not going to wow people who value dominant offensive seasons.

Rolen is basically the third-base equivalent of Barry Larkin, minus the MVP award and playing for one team, but he was arguably just as valuable (70.1 career WAR vs Larkin’s 70.5) and those numbers have him as a top-ten 3B of all time.

3 Likes

Keith Law is adamant that Rolen should have been a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer.

1 Like

I had the pleasure of watching him in his prime. We was fun to watch.

Thank you. I was on my phone and not willing to type out a long post at the time, but this is exactly the reason why he should be included.

1 Like

I am a white man and I am being treated very unfairly because of it!

2 Likes

If I was a billionaire I think I’d start a Hall of Underappreciated for players that hit doubles, draw walks, and play good defense.

Love me some late 80s-early 90s baseball.

Tony Gwynn has to be up there for both years
Tim Raines
Darryl Strawberry
Kirk Gibson
Will Clark
Dale Murphy
Mike Schmidt, maybe?
Barry Bonds was just getting started, he’s probably on the 88 list at least
Eric Davis? I know he had a hell of a peak around when the Reds won in 1990

1 Like

Wade Boggs, Kirby Puckett, Don Mattingly, Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Rickey Henderson.

Short career guy could be Kevin Maas.

Lol never mind. These were all AL guys.

1 Like

mark grace always had high OBP’s gotta be one

1 Like

Yeah, my first guesses were Wade Boggs and Paul Molitor because 1987 was the year Molitor had a 39-game hitting streak and I still remember that while he batted .353, Boggs hit .363 and as a young Brewers fan, I was so annoyed. It’s like the two random stats I remember.

Then I realized the question was about NL.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good list. Kruk, maybe?

I’m trying to think back to my baseball cards to see if I can come up with one of the no-name guys. Could Dion James be one? I remember he was on the Brewers and then went to the Braves and had one really great season. He was always pretty good, but I vaguely remember he had one outlier-type season, just don’t remember if it was with the Braves.

1 Like

I just looked it up. Wow. I remember all of them except 1, but goddamn some I hadn’t thought about since probably 1987 lol.

Some of these guys are famous for being on other teams in the future.