Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I love all the same knuckleheads that for months have been saying the virus is “99.9%” survival rate and how we need sports ball are now GRAVELY concerned about turner celebrating on the field with his team. They all are pozzed anyway, they’ve been in the same changing room and dugout with him for a week. I can kind of overlook this dumbassery by Turner, but man the haters are losing their shit over it.

I feel like people just need something to be upset about. If any team in the league deserved a win it was the dodgers. 3 world series appearances in 4 years - that’s a feat.

1 Like

Do people even think anymore?
Fretting over him kissing his wife? Like they didn’t share air over the last 24 hours.

Almost as good as 3 wins in 5 years…

Butnahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The real story is Kershaw is a WS winning pitcher. Clutch forever!

3 Likes

My ex texted me congrats last night and my reply was that I was happy for Kershaw.

1 Like

It feels like if Bonds would’ve been able to pull it out against the Angels.

He still largely rehabbed any notion of him sucking in the postseason.

I guess. Although they still need to win a real World Series at some point. It’s been like, what, over 30 years?

1 Like

Haters never gonna be happy.

The most dominant team in the season won at the end. Isn’t that how everyone wants it to be?

The fact it wasn’t a full season is meaningless, whether it was 10 games or 300. Does anyone truly believe the dodgers wouldn’t have the best record in baseball after 160 games?

You still have to perform in the playoffs and they did. I, for one, keep pinching myself to check if I’m dreaming or not. I am in heaven. The fact that other people are calling this win with an asterisk or other dumb bullshit just amuses and increases my joy even more.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Congrats. Die hard cardinal fan here that was really happy to see the dodgers win.

I mean the Dodgers got straight up cheated out of a World Series and the COMMISH did nothing, so I’m cool with them taking matters into their own hands to rectify it.

Lol noted la times hack bill plaschke just wrote this 1000 word column on how selfish turner is.

Really you’ve been waiting 30 years for this moment and this is the article you decide to write? Let the LA haters write this article you buffoon. It doesn’t need to be said by you, everyone already knows it was irresponsible.

https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1321677744753684481?s=20

Is Plaschke one of the dudes who used to be on Around the Horn when it first came out? He looks familiar

Yes, google confirms. He always writes negative articles about the dodgers and has been especially critical of kershaw in the post season. He’s been with the LA times since 1987, but is clearly not a dodger fan and seems to revel in their collapse every year. This just cements it in my mind. How do these guys have jobs?

You’re with the fucking la times ffs. Now is the time to gloat and celebrate and analyze, not find the single negative thing to pearl clutch at. I guess he’s staying on brand.

Boggles my mind the main sports writer for the main LA paper is now calling the championship “marred.” Jfc. What a joke.

Occasionally some things actually turn out to be more important than the results of the game.

Part of the reason we’re still trapped in this nightmare is because the institutions that are part of our cultural identity have not adjusted to this new reality in a way that sets an example for the rest to follow. None of these leagues probably should have ever held another game until the buildings could be safely filled. Lol at college athletics ever happening now. But when they did go, its just yet a repeat of the lesson that money >>> lives, and rules for ye not for me.

Turner’s behavior matters for the same reasons. So any response to his breaking the rules other than contempt, would also be wrong. If the criticism he’s facing takes away some of the glow of the accomplishment, then that’s on him for not living up to the moment. He may be responsible for killing someone, after all.

4 Likes

Everyone he was with already was exposed. I’m not trying to excuse the behavior, I’m just saying it doesn’t really need to be said that the championship is “marred” by the main sports writer of the LA fucking times 2 days after the first win in several decades.

lol Plaschke. That’s been his shtick for decades. He writes to sell newspapers.

I only know him from FJM eviscerating him regularly years ago.

Plaschke is a Dodgers fan. He’s just so so dumb. He doesn’t believe in analytics, at all.

I watch ATH most days - you can tell everyone else gets a kick out of his stupidity. He’s definitely the fish in the room at all times. He basically fills the clown role on that show.

Ramona Shelbourne had the correct take on Turner imo - it’s a once in a lifetime thing, Turner’s been there through all the Dodgers heartbreak, it’s outdoors - let him be out there. But FFS keep the mask on and don’t hug Kershaw and sit next to Roberts.

The other 3 panelists eviscerated her and said he should have stayed in the clubhouse - which seems harsh. His teammates just sat next to him in the dugout for the whole game almost. The field is infinitely safer than that. Unless you run around like a moron.

1 Like

Every time I see him, I think of one column and one column only:

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2006/08/best-ever.html

“Wait a minute!” shouted Al LaMacchia. “I know Andre Ethier!”

In a gait slowed by years of climbing bleachers, LaMacchia walked over from the television to the table.

With Dodgers executives staring at him in amazement, the old scout began to sell.

Were they really staring at him “in amazement?” Were you there, Plaschke? I find it hard to believe that in an organizational meeting to discuss prospects the team might want to acquire, that when a scout started talking about a AA prospect, the rest of the organization “stared at him in amazement.”

GM: We need some good minor leaguers.

Scout: Hey! I know some minor leaguers!

GM: ( falls off chair in dismay ) Ga-ga-ga-ga-ga goink!!! This is our lucky day!!!

1 Like
3 Likes