Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Had a 3-0 lead in a crucial Game 5…

Lol wtf man just tried to steal home

So is Kershaw a clutch pitcher now?

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess “no”. 5.2 innings = weakness for old school types. He’d need to pitch a complete game to get enough Emotional Credits Over Replacement to increase his Clutch Index. Or if he came out of the bullpen in game 6 or 7 to get a save, something like that.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to watch the game so I was hoping some people ITT could let me know if he passed the “eye test” and what type of “grit” he showed on the mound.

He was sweating profusely. Didn’t seem to have tight command a lot of the time - missed badly on a few pitches I saw.

1 Like

And was pacing the dugout in between innings - not that it matters, but i think the guy has a lot of anxiety around these games and clearly puts an insane amount of pressure on himself. The media doesn’t help with that either.

The fact is hardly any pitcher that’s ever existed could maintain his regular season win percentage in the post season. So whenever he falls short of that he gets blamed. He also has gotten blamed for losses where he only allows like 2 runs and the offense just couldn’t manufacture anything.

I think he’s accomplishing a LOT for a guy whose fastball is topping out at like what, 91mph?

I don’t think he could ever be called the GOAT though. Certainly one of the greats. I’m glad he got a W last night, should help his confidence. I just hope roberts is done w him and doesnt try to bring him in as a reliever in a game 7. He needs to stop doing that shit. Claytons just not the guy for that.

Also I am not a baseball genius or a professional mlb coach but pulling may last night was genuinely confusing to me. It worked out - he probably knew something I didn’t. But sometimes I dunno. Roberts’ pitching choices are always perplexing.

He has to prove that baseball managers matter!

1 Like

If he got that extra out for a full 6 innings it might have been a good game. That and he was gifted his way out of a jam on an attempt at stealing home.

I forget who said it, might have been A-Rod. Basically, not having a crowd bailed Kershaw out on that stolen base. He was caught by surprise but was able to hear people screaming that the base runner took off. If there had been a crowd, he wouldn’t have been alerted in time.

Great point do it on the road Kersh.

1 Like

Well, it’s possibly (probably at -135) the last day of worst baseball season ever AINEC. Good riddance… and let’s all hope for the Rays today, and better days for the sport going forward.

As I mentioned, this used to happen in MiLB up until lighting standards were upgraded in the 1980s. There’s no explicit rule here… this falls on the umps general authority to call the game. Historically, what has been called in these situations has variously been (1) HR, (2) foul ball, (3) no play.

There’s a video on ESPN titled: “What makes the Dodgers lineup so strong?”

I believe it’s good hitters, but I’m not quite sure.

Could be the hundreds of millions of dollars

1994 was much, much worse.

2 Likes

It’s the hustle and grit, ldo. Also putting the team first. And bunts.

You can’t move the runner over on a ground out to 2nd with millions of dollars. I’ll take Mark Lemke over these so called “ball players” any day.

I gotta disagree strongly with this.

In particular, I don’t see lack of playoffs as the “trump card” here.

1 Like

Tonight could be the night I’ve waited my whole life for. I was in the womb when the dodgers won their last world series.

1 Like