Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Cheap home runs have always happened.

The fake crowd noise is for the players. A lot have complained about the silence being a distraction.

I’m sure MLB would prefer not to publicize the types of things that get said on a ball field.

I remember being at a Tigers game when Pudge Rodriguez grounded into a double play. You could hear him scream FUCK from the left field seats.

If there’s an audio guy quick enough to punch up a fan reaction to a HR, he should be quick enough to bleep out a curse word. Most of the broadcasts are on a few seconds delay anyway. I just think hearing the constant murmur of a crowd that isn’t there is going to seem weird.

https://twitter.com/MLByahoosports/status/1283565949497597954

2 Likes

Jeter should be banned from baseball for life for moving the sculpture out of the park.

1 Like

The Braves did some broadcasts on Peachtree Network some years back like this. Pure bliss. It was very enjoyable.

Canada is not allowing the Toronto Blue Jays to play in Canada.

3 Likes

A good decision. Sucks for baseball.

4 Likes

Looks like Buffalo maybe
https://www.milb.com/buffalo/ballpark/sahlen-field![image|375x500](upload://dccxCqseebEq9IJ6XDYGJmIqVDI.jpeg) Dimensions: LF (325), CF (404), RF (325)

HR Fence: LF (12’), LCF-RF (8’)

Could be a launching pad .

Watching Yanks-Mets on ESPN. It is weird. Also, I don’t see how they gonna be able to do a season. It’s basically impossible to social distance in the infield. Clint Frazier only player wearing a mask.

I think they’re counting on testing to be able to have a season. Social distancing isn’t happening in the dugouts really.

They should be able to social distance using a combo and scattering in seats behind the dug outs

Wat, you’re not social distancing while playing the game. Do you think in MLS people aren’t marking each other on corners or in basketball it will be 1 player in the key at a time?

1 Like

Mets / Yankees on THE DEUCE has my blood flowing. I’m on the wrong side, but tuck it, I’m watching live baseball.

I’m surprised this is going to happen. But I guess if every youth baseball league in the country can hold games it completely stands to reason that MLB can too. Yolo

Freddy prayed for his life.

Freddy has comorbidities. He’s had health issues previously iirc

1 Like

I’m ready for some baseball! You guys want to make some manies, bet the O’s when John Means starts.

1 Like

104.5 is pretty high up there, although with all these tales of people enduring high fevers, take some fever reducers people jfc.

I actually like the Jays for a WC spot.