Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

Yeah, I got blown out years ago when I started playing again because I didn’t realize damage didn’t stack anymore. Makes some of those old rares like the GG 2/1 from darksteel that you can sac to naturalize really bad.

1 Like

Yeah it made a ton of cards pretty much useless.

I mean it’s expected as a game ages and tries to stay relevant. Remember when MtG was perceived as a gambling game because cards used antes?

I mean you can still block and then sac it to stop damage to the face but it just doesn’t do damage as well

I guess, it would definitely not be printed as a rare with the new rules though. Antes are a little before my time but I know they banned the shit out of all of the ante cards to get rid of the gambling stigma. There was also a long stretch where they printed very few devils or demons because they were afraid of the moral majority or whatever the fuck. Anyway, I’m enjoying the derail because this discussion is more productive than staring into the abyss that is American society’s obsession with guns.

1 Like

Magic was blamed for school violence in the 90s, so not quite a full derail. :slight_smile:

1 Like