lolCanada Thread

that was +220 on bov/ignition so excellent news.

I actually really liked the Liberal platform except for lack of military funding and way too much other spending ( the lol NDP want to spend more and way more aimlessly which shows just how clueless they are when it comes to governing). I just donā€™t trust Trudeauā€™s judgement and think he means well, unfortunately his decision making leads so much to be desired and the Raybould thing was super wrong to me. Fuck Bernier

it blows my mind youā€™re like man Iā€™d like the conservatives to win because of a few things where down here that is logic brain explode.jpg

Iā€™ve been following this peripherally because I am actually a dual citizen. Thank you, fellow birth countrymen, for staying sane.

1 Like

Our Conservative party is made up of right leaning to central Democrats in the US(+Repubs in Alberta), I want them to move toward those central Dems( but ones with spines who arenā€™t slaves to corporate funding). Sorry that isnā€™t popular on this site, my American choices are Harris and Warren, really anyone except Sanders and probably Biden (not because of his platform, but because he is dumb and the US needs a lot of change and he wonā€™t provide that. Honesly, I visit the US and outside of the downtown major cities on the East/West coast + Chicago the people, roads, government employeesā€™ attitudes seem like that of a 3rd world country.

Trudeau seems like the first Liberal politician that has made judgements for reasons other than staying in power, which is what has always abhorred me about the party. Conservatives seemed like the only party willing to make decisions for the good of the country even if it was unpopular( what I like about Trudeau)

I donā€™t see how you think this is happening. Conservatives won the popular vote so I donā€™t see Scheer getting turfed, and even if he does, the vote breakdown made it clearer than ever that the Conservatives have gone back to their Reform roots as the party of western alienation. Mackay has no chance of leading a party like that.

bigt lives in a conservative fantasy world. Back on the last forum he had similarly absurd opinions about the election of Doug Ford in Ontario.

That I hated him, but hated Wynne more?

Yeah pretty much. ā€œI hated voting for the idiot conservativeā€ is a serious tell. Like, if you really truly believe it then I congratulate you on protecting your fragile self image with cognitive bias. But 99% of the time this line is pure BS. Itā€™s a thing conservatives say because they know that a conservative vote for some imbecile like Ford is purely a move out of naked short term self interest at the expense of, literally in this case, sick children and their families. This is commonly known as being ā€œevilā€.

But even more to the point, my recollection (which I confirmed by checking on the old forums) is that you said that Wynne would be doing an even worse job than Ford. This is transparently wrong and if you really believe it that simply means that you were tricked by the conservative media to vote for their guy by believing in their fantasy world. You got played, but like millions of Trumpkins you cannot accept that you were wrong so you will go to the grave clinging to a fantasy.

2 Likes

good job reading into my psyche, you nailed it.
I vote long term btw

I donā€™t think cutting 11,000 teaching jobs helps long term.

neither does running large deficits during economic peaks

Wynne was a horror show, she would have been better than Ford in some regards, but worse in others. Overall itā€™s close, but I think she would have been worse.

Oh and Horvath wanted to shut down nuclear and buy all the excess energy from Quebec. Something that is not possible to implement, and shows a complete cluelessness of anyone around her to come up with a remotely competent energy plan which leads one to wonder who they consulted or would consult on any of their projects.

Our deficit to GDP ratio is the lowest itā€™s been in over 60 years.

And interest rates are at historic lows.

Iā€™m struggling to think of any area Ford is better than Wynne wouldā€™ve been. The Liberals were poorest on energy, but Ford hasnā€™t done anything to improve matters. He promised to save money but has racked up tons in legal fees and settlements because he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s doing. He screwed up the autism file even worse than it already was. Hospital overcrowding will only get worse with the cuts, despite his empty pronouncements.

Seriously, the Liberals were ridiculously stale, but how on earth would they have been worse than what weā€™re stuck with??

Itā€™s genuinely the worst time to be paying the deficit in my lifetime. My own parents texted me concerned about this, I just donā€™t understand where this right wing talking point is coming from.

still running deficits during economic peaks which I donā€™t like. I donā€™t hate Trudeau, he has massively surprised me for the better and I would have voted Liberal if I had the time. Still I think he suffers from a clear lack of judgement and foresight. The Raybould scandal was also really bad and handled awfully by the Liberals

energy, Wynne made so many bad decisions and continued to make poor decisions without learning from her mistakes

Itā€™s the same faulty logic that leads people to pay off their mortgage at 3% when they could be earning 2-3x that by investing it.