lolCanada Thread

Itā€™s a bit surreal how different politics is here. Is anyone you know taking about the election? You would barely know we are having one in my circles which Iā€™d consider in the top 0.01% of politically aware Canadians.

Hardly anyone I know is. I feel like where you are might have something to do with it, Alberta seems pretty much decided already.

Oh ya we will be landslide conservatives :pensive:

Iā€™m getting a ballot mailed to me in California. Pretty easy to do actually.

I thought this was an interesting read:

My friends talk regularly about the election but arenā€™t particularly enthused. My extended family of deplorables knows very little about any of the platforms but is solidly cons.

1 Like

1 Like

If climate change is as good for Canada as I suspect it will be that sign might be correct. If anyone knows of a good way to buy a ton of land in the middle of nowhere in Canada thatā€™s probably a good investment idea.

Good pit bull bans are so stupid. It might be among the dumbest policies I can think of.

I must really hate myself to put myself through watching this debate.

In a world of podcasts these debate formats are torture. I think May punched above her weightclass. Not voting for her. I didnā€™t notice any home runs. The BQ is a joke.

A friend of a Facebook friend insisted that Scheer won the debate, and posted a fundraising email from Ontario Proud as proof.

These debates are worthless to watch. I never watch any.

Guess what Scheer casually slipped into his immigration announcement yesterday?

https://twitter.com/JolsonLim/status/1181955331678564352?s=20

If you listened to only right wing media you would think one in two people on earth were in ms 13.

Why are there no party leaders from Ontario? Three from Quebec, two from BC, one from lolskatchewan, and bupkis from the province with over a third of the population. I donā€™t get it.

7% chance of CPC majority is the important number. They canā€™t govern without one.

The Scheer meltdown when Trudeau doesnā€™t resign despite barely coming in second will be glorious.

NDP coming on strong and CPC dropping like a stone everywhere except the prairies. You love to see it.

Crazy how soon the vote is coming up but Iā€™m glad our election campaigns are short. lolUSA election candidates have been campaigning forever and their vote isnā€™t for another year.

Iā€™ve argued before, I think a lot of the issues in the US can be directly traced to their insane election length.