LOL LAW

Google tells me that firm has profits per partner of more than $4 million, seems incredibly stupid not to just bring the associates in, eat a small amount of money and not take the reputational hit.

Separately, JFC this is obscene:

Probably just a blip as Cooley is very tech focused, which is the area that has slowed down the most.

You may remember Cooley as the firm that told Elon to go fuck himself (and lost Tesla as a client) when he demanded they fire a lawyer they hired who had investigated Elon at the SEC related to his 420 tweet.

That’ll teach ‘em

All the Commodus gifs

1 Like

At the risk of getting the title of the thread thrown back in my face, my reading is that the judge is super pissed at Fox and is likely to reconsider his summary judgement decision and grant Dominion a few more victories. Allowing Dominion to gather more evidence would be the first step to do that.

1 Like

I mean, who cares? LOL thinking a fine is in any way a deterrent.

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/1646231373617987584?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Uh, yeah?

I read it more as potential punishment of lawyers for Fox News for behaving unlawyerly.

Bad dog, bad. That’s the extent of it.

https://twitter.com/fedjudges/status/1646511669739401217?s=61&t=NDU-QUzHHKI06YFnvWsG1g

95? Wtf. Should be an age limit. I’d say 75?

90 is the new 60

Judges are weird. If she takes senior status she gets 1/3 the work at the same pay. The federal circuit mainly handles patent cases and veterans’ appeals.

If sex carries a serious concern of breaking a hip, then you’re too old for the bench.

1 Like

I may have posted something similar to this in regards to congress/senators, but how fucking sweet of a gig must it be to be a federal judge or in congress? Everyone I know that works a normal fucking job is trying to pull the ripcord and retire as soon as is financially feasible. Meanwhile, judges and congress are all “I’m turning 92 next year, I think I might retire in 10 or 15 years”.

And, they’re all wealthy and still don’t want to retire. Make these fuckers go work in a Wendy’s for a few weeks and they’ll retire immediately.

6 Likes

plus the free grift in addition to your salary… like the Tennessee speaker taking a 300+ per diem for travel that doesn’t exist. bagged something like 90k before he decides to make a national spectacle of himself and come under scrutiny. probably still wont get in trouble for it, his punishment will likely be he cant grift as easily.

What the absolute fuck

That’s horrible. I had to deal with a bed bug infestation once, and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, even Donald Trump.

For an etymologist to say it is the worst infestation he has seen in twenty years is crazy. The guy was likely bled to death.

You’ve either spent too much time around NBZ or not enough.

3 Likes

Not enough. Something is going to get him eventually. Might as well be bugs.

Duh