LOL LAW

It’s the same as the difference between the “I” at the beginning of this sentence and the “d” at the end.

One’s on the left and one’s on the right.

1 Like

Seriously, this different set of rules for different folks is really getting to be absurd. I mean, we all know this is the case, but how do they get away with being so glaringly obvious about it?

Because Dems don’t engage in tit for tat behavior.

Lolololol the “shoot Pelosi in the fucking head” insurrectionist had a DOJ sentencing recommendation of two months

1 Like

Pelosi is not an important government figure. Some other geriatric Democrat could replace her to read poetry and send stock tips to donors. Kavanaugh is one of a very small group that unilaterally decides how our government functions and his current replacement would be far less fascist.

Pelosi:
d98524e2-7d06-4150-81b4-baa5f3f4b412

Kavanaugh:
itysl-i-think-you-should-leave

4 Likes

Because most people don’t pay any attention.

1 Like

The seditious conspiracy defendants face up to 20 years.

https://twitter.com/BLaw/status/1551423515890520064?s=20&t=qLLFkx8pJHy64P9l9Kz4kQ

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1552025211364642822?s=20&t=SqDp9TjnwRjzSQ4hItcptg

Good rate for the attorneys. Lol at the judge knocking $395 off the request, probably to insulate the decision from appeal (by showing how carefully he weighed the issue).

Are they siphoning money out of bankrupt companies and kicking some back or what? Seems like that could be the one cool trick to get money out of a bankrupt company.

It feels like the incentives are potentially ass backwards sometimes in bankruptcy law, from the outside looking in.

So basically:

1. Parents hire lawyer to sue school district.
  2. They get laughed out of court.
  3. Lawyer runs for AG
  4. Court rules his clients have to pay the school’s legal fees

Right? But isn’t #5 that this dude still got paid and is still drawing live to being AG?

Well, he may have gotten paid (though he was probably working pro bono), but his clients now owe the school board $57k.

1 Like

They aren’t kicking any back, but I believe they are the first to be paid from ongoing operations and accounts receivable. The court has to approve the fees. I have seen some courts reject high fees in bk but don’t know much about that area of law.

I mean it’s not your area of law, so this isn’t directed at you, but… They aren’t kicking any back or they “aren’t” kicking any back?

Like even if 95% aren’t, I’m sure there’s some corporate version of Saul Goodman out there with a slush fund doing this. Where there’s a shit ton of money, there’s a way.

So what happens if the clients go with “Fuck you, no”. What happens then? I think I have some idea, but I’m fuzzy on the exact details of how it goes down.

Either a court order to garnish wages or the Sheriff comes and hauls away your stuff.

1 Like

Let’s say they own their own small business, so they aren’t cooperating with garnishment. In that case, what the does sheriff do exactly? Just keep taking stuff until he feels like he has 57K worth. What exactly is the procedure? Can they lose their house somehow?

If they find a bank account they can get that too.

There is usually exempt residence property up to a certain amount, varies by state. Can also file a lien on the property that gets paid when it’s sold.

Sheriff can take everything of value in your house. Empty any bank account in your name and you can’t get any money out of your business. Not sure if they can get to your business accounts if you fully own the business. End result is you lose a lot more money than the 57k you owe as all these things come with administrative costs and your stuff is sold for a lot less than it is worth.