Log of Key Moderator Actions

Then I am sorry you are still upset, and I am genuinely confused at how you can be OK with what was posted. There is an awful lot of daylight between accepting the consequences of difficult decisions and " I approve of the results in Waco."

3 Likes

And then not only “I approve of the results in Waco,” but essentially “I’d like to see that happen in other similar situations.”

1 Like

It seems I have not made myself clear enough.

I personally was not offended by those posts. I recognize that NBZ often dabbles in provocative ways to make his points. The fact that some people took offense to the post(s) proves his point was made.

Imagine if we were around during Waco and its aftermath. Suppose we had 500 people posting on that subject. Do you honestly imagine the there would not be a significant group of posters supporting the government’s decisions and actions? Many people then and now put the burden of the deaths of the women and children squarely on the leaders of the Davidians.

But that is not the central point. Whether one agrees or disagrees with a post (or series of posts) is not the determining factor whether or not the post should receive mod sanctions. Dear Lord. I am currently a mod and have been a mod for several years on some very voluminous forums (on 2p2 and elsewhere). I have read tens of thousands of posts and probably several thousand that I have personally disagreed with, some quite strongly. But I only sanctioned a small percentage of those (maybe only a few hundred or so in total). The determining factor of whether I sanction a post is not my personal view of the post but how the post fits into the milieu (zeitgeist) of the forum. This is doubly true, of course, in any politics forum.

If a member of a politics forum cannot make a passing reference to Waco without being banned, there is definitely something very very very wrong with that forum or that forum’s moderation.

2 Likes

JFC dude, even with the camgirl mod you’re wild as fuck here. So odd that you became one of the mods of the Nazi-ass 22 Unchained forums.

1 Like

free nunn, free punky brewster!

1 Like

OK, so infants burning to death doesn’t bother you. Just for the record, what would bother you?

3 Likes

Passing reference? LOL

2 Likes

I like the outcome of babies burning and would like to see more of it!

He is trolling…i hope.

1 Like

Have no key moderation actions been taken since last November?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the mods are tired and burned out. They’ve been modding for quite a while. Maybe some new mods will be up for modding and keeping the community well apprised of moderator actions? Or maybe there have been none since November or maybe I’m missing another thread. shrug

1 Like

Mods seem to be doing ok and erring on the side of caution, which is good. Actually I can’t even remember who’s a mod now, another good sign.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing great and deserve a break.

1 Like

I’m all for rotating them, but what if they don’t want to be rotated?

1 Like

I would hope people would agree with me that there shouldn’t be permanent set of mods and admins and that it is not at all in keeping with anything like a community owned and operated forum.

But, I dunno. If hardly anyone agrees with me or cares, I wouldn’t have anything done. Still, I can try and at least keep hope alive.

1 Like

wat? Permanent mods are fine. Some people are good at it and enjoy it. I have mods on my 20k discord that have been there for 3 years and are fantastic.

5 Likes

I think microbet’s point is that to encourage common ownership we need to spread the mod function around a lot more, and I agree with him, though I don’t want to upset any of them who might enjoy it.

It’s in no way a vote on mod performance.

3 Likes

Don’t think anyone cares much what I do in SOG but all Walruses (and a few other threads) were moved over there from Sundry Chitchat when the sub was created.

3 Likes

Mod actions from Nov update…

• No real issues tbh

• Some of anachronistic posts were hidden

• Inso0 got a 24hour ban from me then reversed due to me over reacting.

• Rivaldo got a few posts deleted and then he deleted some himself.

• Any post with the word “Bitch” in it referring to A poster has been hidden.

• 6ix, Trolly and Allinflynn have had posts hidden due to them being over the top wrt each other, while Clovis has dodged a few bullets and thread a thin line between posts. :roll_eyes:

All In all I’ve enjoyed being A Mod, alough I’ve not been able to read every thread everywhere I try to read all politics posts.

If it was decided that a change is needed or wanted for what ever reason I would accept that and not feel in any way down or bad about the inevitable time mods get refreshed.

My PM’s should always be open and anyone is welcome to send, if not open please @ me in a thread.

9 Likes

Reported for kink shaming.

paging @clovis8

3 Likes

I dodge bullets baby!

But seriously, I’m working to not get caught up in these pissing wars which should improve my posting overall. I recognize I haven’t always been the model poster.

8 Likes
1 Like