Log of Key Moderator Actions

@6ix gets a week off for violating the new moderation policy.

Next time is permanent.

@cassette gets a week off for violating the new moderation policy.
I deleted the thread hinting at cuse’s initials.

Next time is permanent.

Deleted jumbiawe for being a spam bot that posts ads (only 4 posts and two were non-content and two were ads).

1 Like

I guess this is a moderator action, rather than an admin action:

Perma-banned user @wigslice, a new account with no posting history that sent an arguably threatening*** PM to another regular user.

***The PM was “Are you XXXX YYYYYY?”, where XXXX YYYYYY was the user’s real name. Yes, you can think of a remote scenario where this is an innocent message (Hey, it’s a former friend from high school just looking to reconnect!), but I don’t think that’s plausible. More importantly, the recipient viewed it as threatening.

Please stop the bullshit with personal information.

4 Likes

jal gets a week off for violating the personal information policy for referencing personal information that was in no way pertinent to the on-going discussion. The relevant personal information has been deleted.

Per the policy, a repeat offense will be a perma-ban.

3 Likes

A week this time.

3 Likes

The ban has been extended to 3023. You have been blessed.

5 Likes

Strike two, bye.

6 Likes

Both permanently banned for second offense, specifically referencing someone’s religion for no reason other than personal attack.

12 Likes

Two months this time.

Jmakin banned for a week for harassing mods in pms

2 Likes

Banned Jmakin for a year because we might need him in time for the 2024 Elections.

6 Likes

Two weeks for watevs for an over the top personal attack in Israel thread.

Permanent this time.

6 Likes

Wichita gets a week for an unrelated personal attack involving someone’s family.

1 Like

A day off for DrChessPain for making personal attacks.

1 Like

Lagtight gets a few weeks for consistent trolling (also didn’t help that it was pretty poor trolling).

The two most recent blatant ones, but there are plenty more:

13 Likes

Genocide Joe gimmick has run it’s course and is banned. It’s likely the account was a formerly banned user (although my attempts to determine this failed). I was ok allowing the account when it was just posting hot takes against Biden, but now that it started going at other users, it was time to go. If it’s not a former banned user, it’s free to come back and post on it’s real account (although some of the recent posts were crossing the line even if not being a gimmick).

16 Likes

Harley nuked. I’m fairly confident based on similar language that it was NoMatterWho.

10 Likes

And after just a few days of being back he managed to get upgraded to a permanent ban

15 Likes