LIFEFORCE Watch Party 10pm EST

LIFEFORCE Watch Party 10pm EST

For tonight’s Party, we will be going off Netflix and onto Cinemax or TPB to watch the cult horror classic LIFEFORCE.
2020-03-29T02:00:00Z

Directed by: Tobe Hooper (Poltergeist)
Written by: Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Total Recall)

STARRING
Patrick Stewart (Excaliber, Dune, Star Trek, X-Men, Bambi 2)
Steve Railsback (Helter Skelter, In the Line of Fire, Disturbing Behavior)
Peter Firth (The Hunt for Red October, Pearl Harbor)
Frank Finlay (The Three Musketeers (1973), The Pianist, Merlin)

And making what would ultimately be her most memorable American performance is Mathilda May, who has gone on to become something of a meme for being naked virtually every second she is on screen. Pay attention to the old-school blurs every time she appears in the trailer below.

While it might seem this was a one-and-done performance by May, that’s only if you look at American films. May’s work is primarily in French and made for the European market. Look there and you’ll see she’s been in more than you can count.

This one is bad (I mean REALLY bad) in a way that’s delightful to enjoy. And @Fatboy8, you and the missus might want to watch this one. I have a feeling it might break you out of your rut.

If you’ve already seen it and need a refresher, Oliver Harper offered a terrific retrospective on his terrific channel of terrific retrospectives.

If you haven’t seen it, I recommend watching the trailer and otherwise going in blind. Love it or hate it, you will have a good time.

If you do not have Cinemax or TPB, Cinemax offers a free trial with this movie and much more that makes it worth $0.

Set the banner and clock for 10:00 PM EST.

EDIT: Adjusted time to 10pm.

Was going to try and check this out but I don’t have satellite or cable and am not finding a way to get a free trial of max or max go. Checked the websites and the apps.

Let me look into this.

Do you have a Firestick or Roku?

If you have Prime, go into Cinemax through there. It will process a free trial through your Amazon account and add Cinemax to your Prime channels.

Who remembers the Life Force NES game?

I didn’t play that one. Were you good?

Nm I got a 7 day free trial through amazon prime all good

Just more proof that smart people need no help. They will figure it out all on their own. This is self-assigning since presumably only smart people figure it out.

1 Like

I may or may not have found this online on one of those annoying sites that will do a popup every time you click the movie if anyone is interested

1 Like

No, and it’s extremely hard. I think I beat it using an emulator and saving games like a punk.

The visuals were pretty great. The premise is that you’re flying through a giant living thing shooting through capillaries and getting attacked by blood cells and avoiding digestive acids and whatnot.

I am watching the first purge on Cinemax until start time. Lol at third party forming with the NRA as backers, also van jones in first five minutes.

I watched a few seconds of gameplay. Looks like the sort of game I would have obsessively played until 5am.

Emulators and save states made all sorts of games possible for me that were otherwise infuriating. Not quite Quake god mode…

LOL I just watched that trailer earlier and screamed “OMG IT’S NOTHINGBURGER”

Get ready, hitting play exactly at 10pm EST

Man, all of you are in for a treat

Giggity. Although scifi way down my preferred genre list.

This is cult horror you plebe

Accurate mid 80s monochrome computer display. Looks just like my franklin ace 1000 screen

:scream::weary:

You can tell it was written by O’Bannon. Very similar intro setup as Alien.

So just generic space shuttle footage to show travel through space

2 Likes