Let's fight about artists with one clear *best* song

olds, Molly’s Game was pretty good

1 Like

I somehow still haven’t seen that. Had it recorded on DVR before I switched off directv so I have to find another way

The father (Larry Bloom) was one of my clinical supervisors in grad school. A truly fantastic human being, in my experience. He was pretty badly mischaracterized by the movie’s portrayal of him (not unusual, obviously), but he had good things to say about the way it helped his daughter move forward in life.

2 Likes

Rainman goat blackjack movie.

2 Likes

The Pretenders: Brass In Pocket
XTC: Making Plans For Nigel

Molly’s Game was good. I didn’t know anything about it and I remember being exhausted after the first hour and thinking to myself “man, whoever wrote this movie is trying way too hard to be Aaron Sorkin!”

1 Like

Good one.

No one said Hotel California yet?

1 Like

Great post, I would have said the reverse for New Order though.

Greatest intro ever (someone in a 2p2 thread disagreed)

Plainsong probably isn’t even in the top 5 songs on Disintegration (Disintegration, Lullaby, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Fascination Street). Actually Fascination Street is a little overrated, so it’s probably in there ahead of that.

1 Like

From another thread:

Stephen King: The Stand

I imagine plenty of people disagreed, seeing as how Gimme Shelter exists.

I’m sure neither of those are the best intro ever, but I don’t want to even try to think of what is. This song has the highest quality of intro to quality of the rest of the song ratio.

I’m happy to take your word for that rather than listen to Boston.

Why is it that bands named after American cities are terrible? (I’ve long had a theory about band names that states good bands rarely have unimaginative names)

When the intro stops you’re like “oh yeah, that’s Boston” …change the station. You must be thinking of Chicago too. I can’t think of any other notable city name bands.

I don’t know if this goes on too long to be called an intro or if you should even say this album has songs, but this “intro” is fucking fantastic.

7:35 is one of my favorite moments in music

2 Likes

:lips: