'Lesser of two evils' is a trap

What is the likely political calculation that would exist in a world where M4A has just successfully passed both chambers of congress?

1 Like

We aren’t the ones being sensitive micro. Victoar started this discussion with his assertion Biden is “never” signing any bill for m4a.

1 Like

When he says things broadly consistent with his track record, we’re inclined to be less skeptical than when he says things broadly inconsistent with it.

2 Likes

There really isn’t any. Dems would need more than just a majority in both Houses. But, if they had that, Biden could easily still veto it.

You and Alex seem pretty sensitive to me. Biden doesn’t support M4A. If you guys support M4A, I’d think you wouldn’t argue about such things and be less defensive about Biden.

This seems highly inconsistent with his track record as a party loyalist.

1 Like

The votes in the House and Senate aren’t Party leadership. Generally the party sticks together, but the cases where leadership and rank and file diverge are pretty telling (welfare reform under Bill Clinton - TPP and some fossil fuel extraction under Obama).

Not if you believe, against all evidence, Biden is the devil and just waiting to get in office to reveal his true trump self.

Pelosi probably wouldn’t let a M4A bill pass unless Biden would sign it, so if one passes, he’s likely signing it.

1 Like

No, mainly because Biden sucks and won’t push for it as president.

That said, if it were to pass the House and Senate, he signs it.

Meh, that could go both ways. She might let it pass only if she knows Biden would veto it.

Also, the executive is different than the legislative branch. People are sometimes more free to vote in congress than to act in the executive. I can dig up some Obama if anyone doubts this.

You could be a perfectly normal poster. Nothing special, but nothing all that objectionable, either. Time and again and again and again, you freely choose to be a complete waste of everyone’s time.

2 Likes

Sure there are votes where the whip let’s people vote freely but it is hard to see how m4a would be one. Also, I think that is pretty rare no?

No, the point of discussion and debate is to tell other people how wrong they are and how right you are.

1 Like

See?

Members of congress are free to vote however they like every single time.

I agree thanks.

In AZ it is.

Bout to have two Senators that are way above replacement level, to the right of Biden mind you.

You’re so naive.

So the Democrats could book an in-fighting loss?

Wtf are you on?