Led Zeppelin Tournament Bracket

Fuckin putting The Ocean and Gallows Pole in a first round matchup?

Zeppelin’s the only band I actually care about, and those are top ten zepplin songs.

1 Like

Voted for The Ocean but poasting this to remind eveyone of Great Injustice in seeding that occurred here today.

4 Likes

Voted Ocean as well but I’m happy that it’s just not me that had a difficult decision with this one in particular.

Fantastic song, but it got seeded roughly where I would expect it to. It’s top 5 or 6 for me though.

Not to be ungrateful to OP, he did a great job seeding in general imo. Both songs were a bit underseeded but not terribly so. There’s gonna be a lot of tough matchups.

Doesn’t matter against lol Nightfright but does Heartbreaker include Living Loving Maid, which is always played directly afterwards on classic rock stations?

It’s a thing

What happened to the post I just saw about Lori Maddox and Zep’s ripping off black blues players? They are both true so don’t be afraid to bring them up if you want to.

Looks like your loser is in the lead now, but I think Ten Years Gone is easily the superior song.

1 Like

oof, I’m not a huge fan of post houses of the holy Zeppelin but Custard Pie as a 12 facing a strong Tangerine five seed is absolutely brutal. Rough.

1 Like

total travesty if Ten Years Gone loses to that totally simplistic, derivative, repetitive toilet bowl floater.

dat intro alone, into the majestic

4 Likes

Led Zep is that high school friend that never grows up that you drift away from. I did enjoy this version of Friends

1 Like

Toby!

Brutal 1st round matchups coming up:

Group II, What is and What Should Never Be (6) vs. In the Evening (11)

What is and What Should Never Be, great song, right? Sure:

Just remember by voting for WIAWSNB you’re eliminating the groove that comes in at 0:58 here:

In group III

Trampled Under Foot (7) vs Bring It On Home (10)

My favorite thing about Zeppelin is the building of tension crescendoing to a change in the pace and intensity of the song. Bring it on Home is a great example of that.

vs.

Rain Song (6!) vs Nobody’s Fault but Mine (11): Think this is going to be one of those 11/6 beatdowns where we wonder how the six seed even got to the tournament.

vs.

Bracket IV looks pretty good, Down By the Seaside has a chance against Since I’ve Been Loving you depending on how many late Zeppelin vs. bluesy Zeppelin fans there are on this board, compounded by the fact that SIBLY is one of the weaker bluesy Zeppelin songs and it’s seeded quite high.

1 Like

Downvote. SIBLY is awesome.

2 Likes

What? Lol it’s one of their very best.

1 Like

Not really a bluesy fan, but like SIBLY.

An old friend of mine (sadly passed) had an older half sister who was the gf of Jimmy Page for a while. When it ended she became a born again.

Read into that what you will (and do what thou wilt).

1 Like

I think we need to cut to the chase and ask the hard questions: Does anybody remember laughter?

3 Likes

Owned Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who albums and tapes during the '70s and '80s. LZ were strictly a radio band for me.
At some point in the download age I went back to all the LZ songs and albums I’d missed. >55 of the entries are in the juke box rotation.
Tough votes ahead.

2 Likes