Leaving on that midnight train for Georgia Runoff

Not if you’re a girl.

Maybe the needle bounced into the high 90s on momentum, then settled down to 86.

I don’t believe the GA needle ever went that high.

We need a needle just to watch your reaction.

Maybe I can make my own needle.

dems went to 1% on PI live in GA for those who could bet on it, so it probably did.

Alternative facts ITT. Feel free to dig through the election thread and find a contemporaneous reference to GA hitting 95%. Not this:

Georgia down to 79% on the Needle (previously was like 95%).

That’s from midnight and might be the source of this belief. Talking about an in-the-moment “oh noes GA is 90+%” post. There are plenty of these for FL and NC because that happened. There are none of them for GA because it didn’t happen.

Edit, at 10:23pm Keeed posted this:

Georgia needle slowly shifting towards Biden? Went from like 86 to 82 now.

Clearly he’s watching the needle. This would be a weird post if GA had previously actually been over 90. The reason he posted this is that 86 was the high water mark.

1 Like

The riggage takes place before the elections start with voter suppression. The GA elections themselves ran ok this time around (except for the expected hiccups with so many mail-in ballots).

1 Like

Of all the topics I’ve been hoping you’d dig your fact-finding expertise into lately - this is the one you pick. :(

Is Obama campaigning in GA for the senate races? If not, why not?

A) not to my knowledge
B) he has a comfy couch?

3 Likes

Biden already won the presidency, what else do we really need lol, besides Biden can work things out with Mitch

2 Likes

I’ll take a request. Whatcha got? Fall of the Roman Republic? Late Qing dynasty? Best Sega Saturn game ever released?

You should be aware that I already did the American Civil War.

Betting markets mean nothing in politics.

That said, Warnock is now -220 on historically mega Trumpy Bovada. Senate control is even money.

1 Like

Why are XXL shirts so much smaller now than 10+ years ago? My XXLs from back then still fit fine - even in non-stretchy fabric. I even have XLs from back then that fit me fine.

Nowadays most of the XXL shirts I try on are comically “fat guy in a little coat” funny. Like I’m looking for the Shakira fit. Notably stores that still fit: Orvis, Nordstrom. Stores that don’t: REI, any surf shop or random store.

Fat guys demand answers!

Are you sure you’re not just fatter and all your old clothes have been stretched out to accommodate your body?

Is there a difference based on country of brand ownership?

Not sure how some of these shirts could stretch. They’re not all cotton. Also we’re talking at least a whole size. Some of my older shirts are XL and they fit fine. And stores like Orvis I still swim in their XXLs. If there’s a difference it’s in quality places with $100 shirts vs. places with $40 shirts.

Typical XXL bought today. Sleeves barely fit. Squeezes me into all kinds of shapes. Buttons about to pop off.

North Face shirt bought at REI over 10 years ago. Perfectly comfortable. Hangs fine. Not the kind of fabric that’s going to shrink or stretch.

Random cotton long sleeve T from 2009 that I barely wear. Still fits fine. No way an XXL from a crew meet today would fit fine.

https://twitter.com/charlesbethea/status/1346121335056031744?s=21

https://twitter.com/mickiemo/status/1346125266490429442?s=21

Trying not to believe.

5 Likes

Looking forward to once again holding the presidency, senate and house for two years while accomplishing nothing of significance. Hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Republicans are shook. I drove past an East Cobb government service center today, which is also an early voting location. There were signs lining the sidewalk that read, “NO ONE-PARTY RULE.” I assume they were put there by the GOP.

They were also shitty signs because at first I thought it meant a rule having to do with one party, not one party ruling government.

2 Likes

I thought it was the opposite; I have XL shirts from WSU in the 80’s that don’t fit compared to XL’s today.