LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Did groceries today and my store was fully stocked on TP as well.

1 Like

Watching youtube videos that have over a billion views is remarkably boring.

1 Like

Let’s see the boringest one.

Nothing stands out. It’s a blur of songs I think I vaguely remember hearing… somewhere. And they all sound exactly the same.

My nemesis throughout my trip through Mexico and Central America. Like that horror movie It Follows - except It is Ed Sheeran.

I don’t think that’s so remarkable.

We should do a synchronised group listen to the best selling albums of all time.

Let’s see what they are.

Nine albums have sold more than 40 million worldwide:

Apart from two of those, on second thoughts, let’s not.

Ed fucking Sheeran makes the soundtrack of the lives of clueless narcissists who’ve never listened to the previous generation of singer/songwriters and think this is how it goes.

Vlad’s not going to be happy with them pissing his money away like that.

There are more than one Ghangin Style?

forget billion-view youtubes.

https://twitter.com/YoYo_Ma/status/1249363285163507714?s=20

2 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

I mostly know that song because Ma performed it once on West Wing.

1 Like

This is going to appeal to approximately no one, but The State just released a 2020 quarantine version of Porcupine Racetrack. Modestly NSFW because Kevin Allison is wearing some kind of gimp suit.

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/1253005769991237633

That’s the whitest thing I’ve ever seen.

Shouldn’t Michael Ian Black have aged more than 5-10 years in the last 25-30 years?

Amusingly, he showed up this year in some poker vlogs.

Maybe. But also

TRUMP: endorses tommy tuberville

5 seconds later we regret to inform you that tubby is not racist enough

4 Likes

It’s a good article, and as it hints at the problems are representative of something pretty deep and serious here. France needs to change something fundamental in its self-conception to deal with its not-white citizens. It still amazes me that even the left wing parties accept the idea that there’s a sort of institutional ‘neutrality’ here (lacité) which is one of the Republic’s crowning achievements.

Obviously there’s something to be said for neutrality to ethnicity as a concept, but a great deal of the time it manifests itself in a refusal to accept anything not considered ‘French’ by whoever has the power (so rich, white folk), or a refusal to even confront issues to do with racism, as to do things as fundamental as collect statistics about the experiences of immigrants or their children, or have debates where their contributions are particularly sought, are considered to be offences against lacité.

Also, Chansons are bullshit, Serge Gainsbourg aside.

3 Likes