LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Most of the women found the men holding cats to be less dateable. This result surprised us

Apparently the study authors are morons.

I found a way to make 2020 even more exciting! Add a “once a decade” ice storm in late October to knock out power for roughly half a million people in a major metropolitan area. What’s that, electric company? Could be well into next week before power is restored? Cool, cool cool, cool.

I took one of the Frenchies out yesterday and locked myself out of the house. In my pajamas. In the freezing rain. No phone or keys. Garage door inoperable cause no power ldo. So I had to break into my own front door and fuck up the door jamb pretty good. At least it’s not Election Day. Yet.

6 Likes

Power has been out since 5:00am, might not be back until Saturday because of the tropical storm. Went to Publix for some supplies and thought this was an odd thing to have in stock:

1 Like

To be fair, they’re all of this version

Not everyday you find a department store selling used Fleshlights.

1 Like

Sweet. My daughter just turned 14 and bought a Bowie shirt on the mini shopping spree my wife took her on.

Also, I just did this with our family room above the love seat:

5 Likes

1999 was pretty early days. The talk about the changes it was going to make to society tended to be utopian, like greater access to information, online commerce, etc. I think the impressive thing about that Bowie interview is how he talks about its role in the fracturing of reality and the dissolution of shared certainties.

2 Likes

Anyone try these blue light blocking glasses?

With nothing else to do but work on my computer all day and surf the net on my iPad all night I am having eye strain from too much electronics.

2 Likes

My GF has a couple and is on her computer 8+ hours a day. Says she notices a significant lessening of eye pain when she uses them. Probably wears them about 3/4 of the time she’s looking at her screen, since she takes them off for certain zoom meetings.

Thanks. I think I’ll buy a pair. Give it a try.

Nobody holds a cat.

1 Like

Depends greatly on the cat, but I can personally attest that some people do. For a while.

I had some that helped with strain when I spent long hours staring at a screen. What helped even more was getting my eyes checked and get real glasses.

tenor

Sorry idk what that means I’ve never watched a second of baseball lol.

I’m pretty sure micro was referencing the old OOT expression “Does anyone actually own a cat”?

1 Like

Not really helping I’m afraid but it’s probably not important.

The guy swinging the stick was trying to hit the ball but he missed badly. It is a visual metaphor for your post.

1 Like

Definitely unimportant then.

i was thinking of which thread this belongs in, and this is it