LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

No way Florida is the worst state.

Hey so I finally got a job! A friend offered me a job in his warehouse and it is going great so far. I’m basically working by myself, it is close to my house, I get paid pretty well, the products are lightweight and there is no stress. Also I’m working M-F 9-530 for the first time in my life and can actually have a weekend. Fuck being a restaurant server I ain’t ever going back haha

37 Likes

That’s great, nice to see good news for people here

1 Like

My phone is in a bright orange case. Makes it much easier to find when I lose it like 1x per day. Also, has saved it from a couple of drops.

Yea I drop mine pall the time, an iPhone At least feels like a flimsy little thing without a case, no way I would go without one

I’ve never broken a phone either, with lots of drops, although my wife has always had a case and broken hers plenty of times

I dropped my Iphone version that was 2015 the day I got it and had neglected to go to the store and grab one before I went to a cancer benefit because I wanted to Uber. About 15 people watched it fly through the air and completely spider web. Had a case ever since.

While we’re on the topic of phones, I think I’m probably due for an upgrade at some point in the next year or so.

Here’s a general question, is there any reason to buy an iphone from your carrier rather than just buying it directly from the apple store? I’ve got ATT and last I checked, the phones are not actually cheaper through them. They can amortize the cost over your whole contract, but the aggregate cost is the same (though I suppose because of the time value, it’s a bit cheaper if you pay the same amount over 2 yrs).

The main reason I’d just by from apple store is that it comes unlocked and I don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do that. It comes in handy when I travel (or at least used to travel).

Not sure about iPhone but with Android with att you have to buy the carrier branded phone to use the carrier features like wifi calling, HD calling, etc. There were exceptions and I can’t remember if iPhone was one of them. Found out the hard way when I bought an unlocked Nokia and couldn’t use wifi calling. With no cell signal in my house it made it impossible to use.

My phone is old AF. I’m not even sure I have wifi calling now on my ATT phone.

I just figure that phones are designed to not have a case. The screens are also much more durable nowadays. I can afford one to break.

That being said, I haven’t done it. Just makes the most sense to me

Wifi calling on an unlocked Android phone works great with T-Mobile. I also get almost zero telemarketing/scammer calls. Only drawback since dumping AT&T has been crap reception with cheap phones.

I don’t think they are designed to not have a case. According to the poll above 2/3 people use a case. They are designed to at least take that into account.

Having a case while charging can cause heat build up and can be bad. Its why i dont put a case on my ipod touch. But those are cheep compared to all your cell phones.

I dunno man, haven’t melted one yet.

I feel like there needs to be a merciless take down of “gaming chairs”. Has this happened yet? If it hasn’t it needs to.

Guess it shortens the life of the battery. But i dont know much about this stuff so YMMV.

Meh, use bar towel and a proper oyster knife. Open as you go. But keep them cold.

https://twitter.com/jhermann/status/1154798485054611456?s=20

3 Likes

usually overpriced crap, maybe some of the really good ones are worth it but I ain’t spending that much on a goddamn chair

The primary criticism isn’t cost, it’s that they are spectacularly hideous while offering absolutely zero unique benefits.