LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Woohoo HIV prophylaxis. Got stuck by a used needle in the ER today, guy is an IV drug user and refused to be tested for hep and HIV. So I get the full 30 day supply of antivirals. Oh I don’t have any immunity to hep-b despite two rounds of vaccines. Can’t wait for my blood tests for that shit to come back in 8 weeks

26 Likes

Ugh that sucks. How did you get stuck?

Don’t think I could ever be a Doc. That sterile work environment. Lives on the line.

My Dad had a colleague that was beat to death by a patient with some crude instrument in a hospital room.

Guardian Angel, stands in a corner.

So Guinness, for reasons unknown, reinstated this abusive motherfucker. He’s also suing multiple Youtubers, Twin Galaxies, and let’s not forget he sued (and lost to) Cartoon Network for appropriating his likeness. His California suit against Twin Galaxies is supposedly set for an Anti-SLAPP hearing tomorrow. Here’s one of the Youtube channels he’s suing that breaks it all down pretty well:

And this one is long and dragging but it contains lawyers breaking down his suit while trying to hold back laughter:

1 Like

In the most random thing I might own. Friend got a Billy Mitchell hot sauce signed by him and asked if I wanted it…well sure…

4 Likes

Still drawing live to courts being stupid and incorrectly ruling in favor of this scumbag. If he loses the SLAPP I think Twin Galaxies estimated about $75,000 worth of legal fees for him to pay.

1 Like

Rehashing all of this shit reminded me of one of my favorite quotes of all time:

Pattern recognition and memorization is key. If you do not know the next pattern coming up in a Tron Light Cycle Event, you will lose your life.

1 Like

Apollo Legend ended up settling with Billy mitchell, so billy won that one at least.

Karl’s gonna fight his lawsuit from Billy we’ll see i guess how that goes in aussieworld. (I’ve actually met him, pretty much forgot I had tho)

Guinness reinstated him because of the threat of the lawsuit and it was cheaper to put him back on than to fight it.

1 Like

Billy Mitchell, primo lawsuit dude
Exhorting in the courts, he ain’t gonna lose
A perfect suit goes down
Billy’s on the move…

1 Like

Cuddly cat vid…

1 Like

We’ve been talking about that video. Dude wasn’t stalked btw - she was defending her cub.

Also came here to post this:

1 Like

Yes, he said that in his commentary.

1 Like

I know you know this but your odds are pretty good, at least according to my nurse wife who has had the same thing happen with a patient who absolutely had hep.

Not to stress Will out because he’s probably googled it already but the chance of acquiring Hep B via a needle stick from someone who has it is 30% (although lower based on factors like depth of needle stick and whether there’s residual immunity from the shots he had). No clue what the chances are that this guy actually had Hep B. The chances of acquiring HIV via needle stick are WAY, WAY, lower, like 1 in 300 from a confirmed positive case.

Ah yes that jogs my memory. She was optimistic about her needle stick (where she dodged the bullet thankfully) largely because of where it happened for some reason.

My most liked post ever is now “embrace the bot” :expressionless:

Pretty sure mine’s a picture of a beer slogan lol.

this is amazing

https://twitter.com/paleoteny/status/1316447002373353477

7 Likes

Patient flinched as I withdrew the needle and I stabbed my finger I was using to apply pressure. Anyway I got a hep A and B vaccine this morning. I guess a post exposure shot is proven to help. HIV is low risk and much much lower with prophylaxis.

1 Like