LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Reverse image search doesn’t show it other than a meme for video games and other things without that diagram included.

Ok, I lied. I have engineering degrees but I’m really just a stray dog.

1 Like

A long time ago I had a guitar teacher who was confused about some meme, I think it was in the early 2000s, it was like a meme where cat had a pancake on its head and there was some impact-font text. And my teacher was like “What does it mean?” and I was like “It’s funny because it’s a cat with a pancake on its head.” And he was mystified by it. We were at an impasse. Memes really are like Western civilization discovering zen koans; you either get it or you don’t. No one can teach you what memes mean.

I dunno. This meme template seems pretty straightforward to me. The left astronaut is discovering something profound that the right astronaut thinks must remain a secret, to the point of killing his partner to stop word from getting out. I like this one. I like how stupid a handgun looks being held by an astronaut on the moon.

1 Like

9 Likes

Lot of anger on UP today. I hope everyone feels better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Fuck you.

10 Likes

Ok, that makes sense to me if astronaut 1 doesn’t know astronaut 2 is about to kill him. Or even if he does know. Maybe he’s even ok dying to know the secret. Thanks!

Gun in space seems fine tho. Space Force!

That’s kind of my point, though. The original picture had something to do with Ohio and a running joke about an ongoing war between Ohio and the entire rest of the world or something. There must have been some context in which it came up, my point is that you don’t need to know or be able to intuit it to get the format.

Seems like pretty bad news for her

This seems interesting, an aggregator of left leaning journalism on substack. I’ve subscribed to one of them for years (Foreign Exchanges, he’s been on Chapo a few times), several others look good too, and this itself a decent thing to skim once a week.

1 Like

When I read strongly serifed fonts like that I become aware that my brain is in conflict with its assumption of a conservative bias in the content of the text.

https://twitter.com/russell_kane/status/1287318808710062080?s=21

10 Likes

what is an eastender?

lol I had to google it too.

Haha. Thought I was posting in UK thread.

1 Like

I’m sorry…

2 Likes

Nope had never heard of it. Have heard of Coronation street but never seen it.

Needs Richard Cheese on vocals, not a shitty singer trying to sound shitty.

1 Like

I don’t watch either but wasn’t raised by wolves so am familiar with both soaps.

Coronation Street is set oop norf and while having serious storylines also has, or at least used to have, some humour and light moments.

5eb41824652e16100c0001df

Eastenders is set in London and is depressing and awful. The UK demise started when this humourless pile of shit hit the airwaves.

1437658601-081d89f37013340e72234795801389b1-1038x576

1 Like