LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Let’s start the myth of the branch covidians. Cuz we’re pretty much in a Waco compound and the tanks are coming in.

1 Like

Spinal Tap>>>>>>>>>The Rutles

I’m just disappointed I couldn’t find a picture of someone with a balaclava eating strudel.

1 Like

I prefer to think of Trumpists as the ones in the Waco compound and we’re the ones driving the tanks.

1 Like

god dammit why has kebab never caught on in the US it makes me sad and angry and hungry

1 Like

I always thought Sloop John B was about a horrible time on a boat and you want to get off the boat. Now I’m not sure. Reading to the lyrics - it sounds more like a horrible time on shore and you want to get back on the boat?

1 Like

I always think this bit:

The poor cook he caught the fits
And threw away all my grits

Is such an idiotic forced rhyme in an otherwise great song that it makes me slightly sad every time.

Maybe in 1916 that was a killer line.

2 Likes

Big day for asshole deaths

https://twitter.com/charliedaniels/status/1279760077902274562?s=21

10 Likes

I do remember that when I first learned The Beach Boys didn’t write it, it was a comfort.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes changed that line slightly in their punk cover. (1:17 if you want to jump straight to the line.) Maybe you approve of their version more?

I love Dick Dale as much as the next guy, but this stinks:

Kebab’s are so good :blush: Dam I’ve just ate and it’s making me want some of that sweet sweet red sauce.

Plain yougart and your all dead to me…

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1280243753723342849

2 Likes

NAN bread Kebab’s :hugs:

Lebanese-Christian immigrants in Puebla, Mexico make a thing called Tacos Arabes which is like a half taco/half shawarma. Insanely delicious. I think the meat is lamb and pork.

Here’s another take with more of a shawarma sauce, which was also good:

3 Likes

If only he OD’d on oxy

I always get my hopes up when i see a place around here titled “Bob’s Kebabs” or something like that…and then I look closer and it’s shish kebab, not heaven-in-a-pita-with-red-sauce kebab :frowning:

We get 2 types of Shish kebab here, the best ones are just Lamb marinated in spices & cooked on a grill like this…

The other is original shish which is minced Lamd :confused: and rolled into a tube like shape and flung on the grill. :frowning:

We have more kebab shops here than licensed alcohol shops excluding pubs :joy: and are as common as a convenience store… :sweat_smile: It’s Scotland after all the home of unhealthy food.

I had a place right round the corner from the 1st flat I stayed in, the stairways were full of exotic smells everyday it was that close :blush: And it sold the best Lamb shish kebab’s as above as I’ve tried anywhere in the world because they were the 1st ones I ever tried. :rofl:

In our old poker club, as you was a dealer too, we used to order Nans and all the different kebab’s for people on a Sunday night as a snack if the cash game was busy, maybe 1 or 2 pizza’s to around 4/5 am as they closed, usually a Sunday :smile: with all the salad and stuff too, it was a great munch. :green_salad:

Dam, I miss the Poker club. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got a crown put in the lower right molar and a deep cleaning in the left side of my mouth today.

This eases the pain

9 Likes