Kamala / Walz 2024

8 Likes

I remember reading that there are more guns owned than there are people in the US.

Say that again motherfucker and Iā€™m voting trump.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you. But much more than one in three Americans are really fucking weird

Cousinā€™s police offer ex-husband (he owned about 2 dozen guns) took me to a shooting range once and I went just to see first hand what itā€™s all about. Ranks far up there among the most unpleasant experiences Iā€™ve ever had.

Just cannot see the appeal of guns whatsoever, and am happy to be living in a country where they are practically nonexistent.

2 Likes

https://x.com/josh_wingrove/status/1826393193040228362?t=HEdqzNZGazAWGr6ROVT4cA&s=19

4 Likes

Meh. Guns are fun, they make loud noises and break things. It is really unfortunate that they also make killing yourself and others ridiculously easy and that our asshole legislators have made it easier to use them illegally than legally. Iā€™d gladly limit them to single action pistols or level action long guns despite how much fun pew pew pew is.

Yeah, I think it is really, really rare to only own one gunā€¦

1 Like

Full DNC speaker schedule for night 3

5:30 p.m.

• Call to Order: Alex Hornbrook, Executive Director of the 2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
  • Gavel In: New Jersey SenatorCory Booker
  • Invocation: Sri Rakesh Bhatt, Sri Siva Vishnu Temple and Bishop Leah D. Daughtry, The House of the Lord Churches
  • Pledge of Allegiance: Students from Moreland Arts & Health Sciences Magnet School from St. Paul, MN
  • National Anthem: Jess Davis
  • Presentation of Honorary Resolutions: Democratic National Committee Chairman Rep. Jaime Harrison, joined by Vice Chairs The Honorable Keisha Lance Bottoms, Ken Martin, Henry R. MuƱoz III, Treasurer Virginia McGregor, and Finance Chair Chris Korge.
  • Remarks: Mini Timmaraju, President and CEO of Reproductive Freedom for All
  • Remarks: Alexis McGill Johnson, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood Action Fund
  • Remarks: Cecile Richards, Reproductive Rights Champion
  • Remarks: Kelley Robinson, President of the Human Rights Campaign
  • Remarks: Jessica Mackler, President of EMILYs List
  • Remarks: MarĆ­a Teresa Kumar, Founding President and CEO of Voto Latino
  • Remarks: New York Rep. Tom Suozzi

6:00 p.m.

• Welcome Remarks: Sen. Cory Booker
  • Joint Remarks: Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval and Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson
  • Joint Remarks: Rashawn Spivey and Deanna Branch, lead pipe removal advocates
  • Remarks: Delaware Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester
  • Remarks: New York Rep. Grace Meng
  • Remarks: ā€œProject 2025-Chapter Three: Freedomsā€ from Colorado Governor Jared Polis
  • Remarks: Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
  • Remarks: DCCC chair Suzan DelBene
  • Remarks: Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison
  • Remarks: Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel
  • Joint Remarks: Jon Polin and Rachel Goldberg, parents of Hersh Goldberg-Polin
  • Performance: Maren Morris

7:00 p.m.

• Remarks: Texas Rep. Veronica Escobar
  • Remarks: Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy
  • Remarks: Bexar County, Texas Sheriff Javier Salazar
  • Remarks: House Democratic Caucus Chair California Rep. Pete Aguilar
  • Influencer Remarks: Carlos Eduardo Espina, content creator
  • Remarks: Olivia Troye, former Trump administration national security official
  • Remarks: Former Georgia Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan
  • Remarks: Mississippi Rep.Bennie G. Thompson
  • Remarks: Sergeant Aquilino Gonell, retired U.S. Capitol Police officer
  • Remarks: New Jersey Rep. Andy Kim
  • Influencer Remarks: Olivia Julianna, content creator
  • Performance: Stevie Wonder
  • Remarks: Comedian and actor Kenan Thompson and Guests on Project 2025

8:00 p.m.

• Host Introduction: Mindy Kaling
  • Remarks: U.S. House Democratic Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries
  • Remarks: Former President Bill Clinton
  • Remarks: House Speaker Emirta Nancy Pelosi
  • Remarks: Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro
  • Remarks: Alexander Hudlin, Jasper Emhoff, Arden Emhoff
  • Remarks: Nevada Senator Cortez Masto

9:00 p.m.

• Performance: Amanda Gorman, National Youth Poet Laureate
  • Remarks: Maryland Governor Wes Moore
  • Remarks: Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg
  • Performance: John Legend and Sheila E.
  • Remarks: Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar
  • Remarks: Benjamin C. Ingman, former student of Governor Walz
  • Remarks: Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, candidate for vice president
  • Benediction: William Emmanuel Hall, lead pastor of St. James Church in Chicago
1 Like

Wow, Bill Clinton getting absolutely buried.

The TV says Oprah is also supposed to speak tonight

2 Likes

Yeah I grew up with guns and have no desire to go shooting at a range or hunting.

Iā€™d consider shooting clay pigeons again. That was kind of fun as long as the shotgun didnā€™t have too much kick.

So if Biden was the nominee, thereā€™s no way they do that whole DJā€™d roll call thing, right? Feels like that had to be an audible to capitalize on all the vibes.

pedro-monkey-puppet

24 Likes

I wonder if it was Soul Calibur or maybe Shenmue.

Either way I can relate.

4 Likes

These videos comparing the DNC to RNC roll calls are awesome. The slate political gabfest is often saying the side having the most fun is winning. If true it should be a 50 electoral college votes landslide for Harris.

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/629424425327312896

6 Likes

Someone hasnā€™t read their bible closely enough.

6 Likes

If I had to guess Iā€™d say that over 50% of Charlie Kirk ā€œfansā€ are video game addicted white men.

2 Likes

I played so much Soul Calibur on the PlayStation. Fun to check in sometimes on tournaments for the latest version. How far itā€™s come.