Kamala / Walz 2024

million times better than “our great state that produces 56 million tons of corn, home to the biggest freeway intersection sign, and blah blah blah” who cares… let’s hype this shit up.

6 Likes

One of my fondest memories of leaving the ATL area was voting for Ossoff and Warnock in the runoff (while living in MTG’s district) a month before I moved away to North Carolina

5 Likes

Foreshadowing for next surprise blue flip?

2 Likes

Not just a tan suit, an “Obama Style” tan suit.

Doug coming out to new radicals, GOAT

1 Like

We definitely seem to be feeling ourselves as a newly minted swing state.

Yep, I’m the bellwether for winnable southern swing states :joy::rofl:

It’s good to have you here, btw. We did lots of battles at the Stars NL100 games a lifetime ago

2 Likes

Still just an absolute beast of a banger!

1 Like

1 Like

It’s remarkable how hunting has become coded as a quintessential, all-American activity to the point where we make guys like John Kerry do mandatory hunting photo-ops. Meanwhile, the vast majority of Americans give no fucks, and the Dem base thinks being a history teacher is way more cool than being an avid hunter.

1 Like

hate to be a debbie downer but that’s not the same jacket (Kamala’s jacket is single-breasted)

1 Like

I’ve been deer hunting in the midwest and it is one of the world’s most boring activities. Willfully unpleasant. And this is from someone who thinks walking in the woods is generally a ton of fun.

1 Like

Looked it up and 5-6% of Americans hunt. So it’s probably like 3% of possible Dem voters.

How many times do we see photo-ops of Dems cosplaying as hunters? All to win over some tiny fraction of voters who are never voting D under any circumstance. The vast majority of Americans think it’s …dare I say?.. weird to go out and shoot an animal for sport.

Untitled7856

5 Likes

If you own a gun you’re weird.

6 Likes

unless it’s a hunting rifle or you legit have bears coming around your property I would agree.

1 Like

It’s not just politicians that like to cosplay as hunters. Rich people do it all the time. There are farms that’ll stock some birds and let you come walk around and shoot them with no challenge and no skill required. It’s a social activity for a Saturday afternoon to them, and I don’t think it should be called “hunting”.

That’s different from the people that go out and kill (and eat) whatever local game is around. There’s nothing wrong with that, unless we want to get into the ethics of meat consumption more broadly.

1 Like

What about 50 feral hogs

2 Likes

What if you own a hunting dog and were thinking of doing the first to make them happy? (but never actually bothered because going to classes for a couple hours each weekend for a month to be able to buy a gun isn’t worth the hassle)

I wouldn’t say “no skill”.

Sometimes you have to be careful not to shoot your friend in the face.

5 Likes